Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alliecat817 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 10:03 PM
    Celtic song of farewell
    I am trying to find an MP3 download for a song called, "Celtic song of Farewell." I think it has the same melody as Danny Boy but is used in Catholic funerals
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 01:30 AM
    Hi, alliecat817!

If you could provide at least a little bit of the lyrics here, that would be helpful.

Thanks!
    alliecat817 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 07:00 AM
    The first part of the song is: " May choirs of angels lead you into paradise, and may the martyrs come to welcome,welcome you to bring you home into the holy city. so you may swell in new Jerusalem."
    nychicky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2010, 09:05 AM
    It is very hard to find... The only thing I have been able to find is on iTunes from a woman named Catherine O'Connell. The album is I Arise Today. It is to the tune of Danny Boy.
    Maryann29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 10:06 AM
    This is the rest of the song:

May holy angels be there at your welcoming, with all the saints who go before you there, that you may know the peace and joy of paradise; that you may enter into everlasting rest.

Correction on the first part: welcome should not be repeated and swell should be dwell.

There are a few different versions on YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Celtic Pronunciation [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to pronounce Giomanach? I think its Celtic and means Hunter. Thanks

Who sings the Celtic/New Wave song "Take me Home" [ 2 Answers ]

There was a song written in the early 90's (I think) by a Celtic/New wave band that sings a song about being away from home for a long time, getting drunk and the final sentence of each paragraph is "Take me Home" and then a whole bunch of celtic instruments start playing. Who sings this song? ...

I want to leave a hearthfelt farewell to my patients [ 2 Answers ]

I am an RDA at a dentist office and I am leaving next week to start at another office. I have worked at the current place for 5 years and have very good relationships with my patients. Many ask specifically for me when scheduling appointments because they really like me a lot and trust me to take...

View more questions Search