Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happygirl14 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Aug 8, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Friends With Benefits?
    Hello (: first. Thanks for reading. I'm 13. I started talking to this guy that goes to my church. Named Walker. So anyway. I sort of had a crush on him liked him... ive known him for about 6 months. Turns out he says he likes me. It's kind of hard to believe though because he's 15. Well we both agreed we couldn't go out. Well I think we could... because I want to. But oh well. My ex goes to the church so yeah. Well then we got the idea ti be friends with benefits... like he comes over... we hook up thing. Is this a good idea? Will it last long? Will he try to use me? I really like him...
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 07:44 PM

No it is not a good idea. Friends with benefits never are. Just my opinion. All you get in return is a broken heart.
    blondndisguise5 Posts: 78, Reputation: 7

Aug 8, 2009, 09:00 PM

Friends with benefits always leaves someone heart broken and fast. Especially at young ages. Save your physical connections with someone willing to take care of you and commit to you. You deserve that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2009, 09:14 PM

And of course havig sex at 14 is never a good idea and illegal in most places
    Triysle Posts: 245, Reputation: 84

Aug 8, 2009, 09:27 PM

There are two types of romantic relationships in this world - committed ones, and non-committed ones. You can try to redefine your relationship with someone however you like, but whatever you call yourselves you're either committed to each other or you're not.

The question you have to ask yourself is this: Am I willing to be intimate with someone without sharing a commitment with them? Remember, if you are just "friends," then neither of you is committed to staying with just each other.

Personally, I think you're focusing on the wrong things right now. If you like spending time with someone, then hang out and find common interests. Play some sports or some videogames together, grab a meal or go hang out at the mall together, etc. There's plenty of things to do that don't require you to take your clothes off.

~ Tee

Aug 9, 2009, 06:07 AM

I'm not talking about having sex. We just both like each other. He promised me that he won't hurt me. But that doesn't mean anything. I'm going to see him todaay. So ill put on here how it waas.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 07:02 AM

Sorry, you need to learn some terms, friends with benefits mean to people who are not "dating" but just friends who have sex together
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl14 View Post
    im not talking about having sex. we just both like each other. he promised me that he won't hurt me. but that doesn't mean anything. I'm going to see him todaay. soo ill put on here how it waas.
    Of course he promises not to hurt you. Once he gets what he wants, it's a whole different story. Sad to admit but most guys are like this...
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Aug 9, 2009, 09:11 AM

Just be friends.

You both are too young to handle consequences of anything.

Aug 9, 2009, 10:01 AM

Well... in less then 12 hours. He totally screw me over. So thanks to all of you. He said he was done with me. And he's stud me up 3 times. So iv'e got it now. Thanks you guys.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2009, 10:07 AM
    "Friends with benefits" is never a good idea, especially when you're a 13-year-old girl. And this is a guy you know from church, of all places? Holy crap! And do you actually know what "friends with benefits" connotes? If I understand modern vernacular correctly, it entails more than just "hooking up." I'm sorry, but I think you're setting yourself up for some major emotional fallout if you consider such an "arrangement."
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2009, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl14 View Post
    well...in less then 12 hours. he totally screw me over. so thanks to all of you. he said he was done with me. and hes stud me up 3 times. so iv'e got it now. thanks you guys.
    It may have just been an ego thing with him trying to see how head over heels you came off to him.
    As the others have said you need to get your terminology right otherwise you could end up falling into something you regret. He may very well have meant friends with benefits and you didn't know what he was really after.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 04:44 PM

It's not a good idea, it's never a good idea.
    It won't last long. Especially at your age.
    He won't try to use you, he is using you.

I see you have already learned these lessons.
    Sorry to say it. Maybe next time you will try for a healthier relationship. You won't ever even consider FwB again, if you know what's good for you.

Good luck in life!
    mary79 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Aug 9, 2009, 06:06 PM

You are too young. Just focus on what you should when 2 church and don't let him get his way
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 07:04 PM

Though this situation is resolved, you are really young to worry about a boyfriend. Just learn how to be friends with boys for now and leave it at that. It's enough, and you won't get yourself in situations you can't work your way out of. You'll have plenty of time to date and worry about romantic stuff later. Learning how to interact with boys just as friends will help you make better boyfriend choices when you are in high school.
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Aug 9, 2009, 09:16 PM

Nope it won't last long. Your both dumb for thinking it will. He's sick for wanting to date a 13 year old. Friends with bennifits is pretty much like one noght stands. God isn't real. I don't know how much more frank I can be
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Aug 9, 2009, 09:40 PM

Woow, sorry, my jokes aparently not funny, go figure, all my ex girlfreinds are right
    Kay, kay, here's my opinion friends with benifets, dumbest idea, their like slinkys, no good for anything, but fun
    Also, do you understand what a friend with benifet is, it's a person, who you aren't in a relation ship with, but you two have "relations" if you know what I mean
    And you met at church "do you like god, I like god :) wanna have one nihht stands, yes? Cool"
    I make me sick :D
    blondndisguise5 Posts: 78, Reputation: 7

Aug 11, 2009, 09:31 AM

He was a jerk, just be glad you found out sooner then later. The people on this site often have been through similar things and are often right. Now the thing to do is politley go nc with this boy and if he contants u either ignore it or politley talk about how busy and fantastic your life is and avoid meeting up with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friends with benefits [ 9 Answers ]

I was just wondering if it is ever too late to turn a friend with benefits, into something more? If I stop and say that I thought I could handle just casually having sex, is it too late for him to take me seriously? But the thing is, I really do want to have sex with him, but I want him to respect...

Friends with benefits? [ 20 Answers ]

Over the last couple months I have been in a rollercoaster relationship with my ex. After about 6 weeks separated we decided to give it another try and it was barely a week together until she decided she needed more time. We decided to take a break for the summer and see how we felt in a while....

Friends with Benefits [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend just broke up with me because he didn't have real feelings for me. About a week later he wants to be friends with benefits. He said that anytime we want something we just call each other then meet up and do it. But the thing is he just wants to do it for fun but I think that I will get...

What is [ 26 Answers ]

What is “friends with benefits” about and why do some women want these kind of relationships? Are they healthy relationships? What happens if the guy falls in love with a woman who only wants this kind of relationship?

View more questions Search