Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mami2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 06:56 PM
    GREEN CARD HOLDER returning to USA after 6 months and leaving again.
    I know that a green card holder can stay (without problems) 6 months out of USA.
    But after returning to USA, HOW LONG minimum should one stay and leave again without having problems?
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Aug 8, 2009, 07:29 PM

There is no set time. Even the 6 months is not exact, there are many instances with problems at the POE for LPR's outside for 4 months. You can leave the next day if the circumstances warrant.

You need to take the time to document why you are spending so much time outside the US and that you still maintain strong ties to the US. You should be filing taxes every year, maintaining bank accounts, employment, real estate, club memberships, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Staying abroad for more than 6 months: green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a Green card holder and married to a USA citizen. I'm plainng to visit India For 8 months due my preganacy. My understanding is a green card holder can Stay outside usa for 6 months. Do I need re-entry permit before I leave for india? So say I don't need if I'm not staying over 1...

Returning to US with Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

I am a permanent resident and US Green Card holder and looking to travel back to my native Ukraine for 1 month. When I entered US couple of years ago, my Ukrainian passport was stamped with a refuge visa. Would there be a problem for me to return to US? Am I going to loose my green card? My refuge...

Green card holder [ 2 Answers ]

Can a green card holder travel to Europe for vacation & if so, what are the requirements?:confused:

Green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

A Green Card Holder Since 2006 , He Will Apply For Citizenship In 2011 , But He Ask If He Can Bring His Wife From His Country Of Origine To Usa Before He Apply For Citizenship ? Both Have Italian Passport . Thank You

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

View more questions Search