Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glm2468 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 08:14 PM
    Poem
    Can someone explain this poem? A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of book
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Oct 22, 2006, 08:24 PM
    Hi Glm,
    It seems almost something of Zen outlook to me. A pleasureable direct connection with, or experience of, a simple natural joy, readily available; rather than the more removed, abstract intellectual process of envisioning a world, and generating feelings, through words. :)
    glm2468 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by glm2468
    Can someone explain this poem? A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of book
    Thanks Tomas!

Can you give me an example of this quote? A punchline? Or memorable statement?

Please help... :-(

Oct 22, 2006, 09:18 PM
    Hi Glm,
    Not sure exactly how to sum it up, but I think this famous quote from poet William Blake comes close:

To see a world in a grain of sand
    And heaven in a wild flower
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    And eternity in an hour.

Oct 22, 2006, 09:41 PM
    I've been thinking about it, and I guess the best way to summarize it is, "Keep it simple!" People often assume that bigger, more expensive, more elaborate... etc. is often better. And in the process, they get so wrapped up in the intracacies, that they overlook what a miracle the small things often are. Without many small things, nothing big could really exist.
    Hope this helps somewhat. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need to find the immageries for the poem [ 1 Answers ]

the poem is called " A.B.C. of a Naval Trainee" by Roy Fuller is the anger we hide with some danger, Keeping it down like the twentieth beer. B is the boredom we feel in this bedlam. C is the cautious and supervised cheer. D is the tea dope and e English duping, Too feeble for folly,...

Love Poem [ 2 Answers ]

Love Poem Susie Lee Done Fell In Love; She Planned To Marry Joe. She Was So Happy 'bout It All She Told Her Pappy So. Pappy Told Her, Susie Gal, You'll Have To Find Another. I'd Just As Soon Yo' Ma Don't Know, But Joe Is Yo' Half Brother.

Poem about a returning traveller [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me track this poem, the ending is something like "Why have you brought me children's toys?" I couldn't track it through Google.

Printing a poem off Chat Site, is it legal? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi.. I'm on a writer's poetry site and they forbid anyone to print and save another's poem. Is this legal to prohibit this? I understand they are afraid that someone will plagarize/steal it and use for commercial use... BUT... anything on the world wide internet CAN BE printed and saved (poems,...

View more questions Search