Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muddybunny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 07:37 PM
    Kid Travels to Space - Late 80s/Early 90s
    When I was growing up, my sister and I loved a movie where a kid traveled to space on a spaceship and I seem to recall him coming home and having to live in a lab and people monitered him. I can't think of the title for the life of me and would really love to see the movie again. I know I haven't given much detail, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Oct 23, 2006, 01:00 AM
    Hello muddybunny,

I believe there are a few sci-fi films along this line, but I think the movie you may be referring to is, 'The Flight Of The Navigator' starring Joey Cramer as Scott. Also with Paul Reubens as the voice of 'Max' and Sarah Jessica Parker as 'Carolyn'

The film was released in 1986 and is about 10 year old, David, who is whisked off into space by an alien spacecraft piloted by Max a metal figure which is basically a single eye.

When David is returned. Although only a short while later for him, the world and his family have aged 10 years. He is eventually taken to a NASA Government research establishment for 'tests' (nothing gross). Of course he escapes, with the help of Carolyn and Max.

There is obviously a happy ending.

Although I am the wrong side of 50, I still enjoy watching this film.

Could this be the film you are thinking of? It is available on DVD and Video.

Poseidon
    (Cy)
    muddybunny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 09:59 AM
    That is exactly it!! Thank you soooooooo much!:D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by poseidon
    Hello muddybunny,

I believe there are a few sci-fi films along this line, but I think the movie you may be referring to is, 'The Flight Of The Navigator' starring Joey Cramer as Scott. Also with Paul Reubens as the voice of 'Max' and Sarah Jessica Parker as 'Carolyn'

The film was released in 1986 and is about 10 year old, David, who is whisked off into space by an alien spacecraft piloted by Max a metal figure which is basically a single eye.

When David is returned. although only a short while later for him, the world and his family have aged 10 years. He is eventually taken to a NASA Government research establishment for 'tests' (nothing gross). Of course he escapes, with the help of Carolyn and Max.

There is obviously a happy ending.

Although I am the wrong side of 50, I still enjoy watching this film.

Could this be the film you are thinking of? It is available on DVD and Video.

Poseidon
    (Cy)
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Oct 23, 2006, 10:59 AM
    Hello again muddybunny,

It was a pleasure to be able to help.

Actually you are the second person who wanted to know the name of this film here at Askmehelpdesk over the past few months.

It seems to be very popular.

Take care.

Cy
    (poseidon)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80s/Early 90s Morning TV Show Name.. [ 7 Answers ]

At the beginning of the show a train would come out of the clouds and float down to the ground and out would come a bunch of animals. They were members of a circus. It was actual people in animal costumes. The one I remember the best is a cat that I think was an acrobat. She would wear like a pink...

Yet Another late 80s early 90s title question... [ 2 Answers ]

This one was a movie where a girl and I believe her father wind up stranded at a strange trailer park in the desert because their car breaks down or something of the sort. The teenage girl befriends a couple of guys, one who is a "bad boy" type and one is sort of nerdy. I remember the nerd had a...

Scfi cartoon movie from late 80s maybe 90s [ 5 Answers ]

This ones been boiling my brain for some time now and I can only remember small bits so I'll apologise now. It was a scifi animated film a bit of a star wars rip off where a young man blonde I think, has to save (I think) his siter, it starts in and underground mine/volcano where the young man is...

Obscure late 80s or early 90s help [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea what this movie or perhaps TV show, but I have this vivid memory of watching something, I don't remember much but this is what I do remember. It was about a little boy, he is at his home and a man delivers this large canister to his house, he gets into the canister, this canister is...

80s or early 90s movie? [ 2 Answers ]

I think it's a movie from the 80s or early 90s. My brother and I have been trying to find it everywhere. There was this house with random people. I think they were all family members. One was a fly with a human head. There was a realllllly big baby. I'm pretty sure it was a comedy. If anyone could...

View more questions Search