Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    17Jewishgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 07:23 PM
    How jewish woman are treated
    I was curious as to if orthodox Jews make their wives step three steps behind them. I was also curios as to if it is true that woman are not allowed to speak to other men without the presence of their husband?
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jan 15, 2007, 02:33 PM
    If true it must take a lot of practice to keep exactly three steps behind. I think Japanese women did that once. Although I'm not sure if the stepping distance was the same. After McArthur trampled that tradition into the ground then Japanese women began trampling Japanese men into the ground. Which just goes to show.
    amyswrite Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Jewishgirl
    I was curious as to if orthodox Jews make their wives step three steps behind them. I was also curios as to if it is true that woman are not allowed to speak to other men without the presence of their husband?
    I have never heard of this. Who knows what arcane laws of from thousands of years ago may have been in practice but I have never seen anyone in my Orthodox Synagogue follow three steps behind their husband, and its hardly possible to avoid talking to other men in this day and age.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jewish Tradition: [ 2 Answers ]

Christian tradition views sin as an enslavement rather than something fun we are denied. Does the Jewish tradition view the Law as a gift from God as opposed to an option or curse? HANK :confused:

Am I Jewish [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Emily, My question is "Am I Jewish "? I have been told that unless my family members that were Jewish,were from my mother's side of our family I couldn't claim my Jewish Roots is this true? I'm very confused, why should it make any difference or does it? :confused:

Another pressure treated question [ 2 Answers ]

How soon can I paint the wood?I'm buying it either from Lowe's or home depot where the wood is kept indoors.. thanks

Pressure treated wood [ 1 Answers ]

I have been reading up on the toxicity of pressure treated wood, and am aware of it's dangers, I recently had a deck built with the "new" PT wood and am concerned. 1. How toxic is the new material to touch? 2. Should this be replaced with redwood, and in fact only used for non-human contact...

View more questions Search