Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andyhaus1057 Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 12:04 PM
    For loops and repetition
    Hi, I'm not sure of these.. Can you please help?

1) The For loop is a ___ type of loop

a) pretest
    b) posttest B?
    c) prequalified
    d) post iterative

2) Each repetition of a loop is known as a(n)

a) cycle
    b) revolution
    c) orbit
    d) iteration D?
    Dizzy49 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 11:09 PM

Doing homework? You know it would take you less time to look the information up in your book/notes than it would to write that, and wait for an answer. An answer that will never come because no one is going to do your homework for you.
    patilrok Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 03:33 AM

1) ANS is d
    2) ANS is d
    AngieT. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 11:07 AM
    Thanks Andy. I appreciate your asking this question. PARTICULARLY since it is NEITHER a) listed in our book, or b) in my copious notes. Thanks for asking the question that I needed the answer to.
    jaf7081 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 11:55 AM
    I am using "Programming an Logic Design" second edition by Tony Gaddis. Since your questions are worded the Same way as mine, we may be using the same book. If so, I too could not find the answer to 1) but the answer to 2) is found at the top of page 68.
    cdcochrane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 05:18 PM
    Yes. The book does not specifically say that "The FOR loop is a post iterative loop." Instead, it is more of a comprehession and application question. Answering this question requires the student to derive what type of loop it is. Since we know that the 'FOR' statement is a count-controlled loop, and count-controlled loops repeat a specific number of times (each repetition of a loop is known as an iteration), and we also know that the 'DO WHILE' loop is a posttest loop: we can then determine that the 'FOR' statement will initialize, test, and increment the counter variable. So... it tests something after and initializaion has taken place (posttest) and it repeats itself by the specifications of the counter variable , we can determine that it is a POST ITERATIVE loop.

I have the same book and could not understand why the 'FOR' loop defenition wouldn't be directly referred to as a post iterative loop. I turned to Google and found this site. So I figured I would add to the answers with the reasoning behind the question and answer. I hope this helps. Please feel free to add to this post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any loops holes in this matter [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have a 3 year old son and the father has never once paid child surport and I have done tons to fight for it and also I just got marryed to a great guy that has been there for my son since he was born and we would like to change his last name but I know if he adopts him the father will not sign...

Components of loops [ 1 Answers ]

What Component Is Present In Every Part Of A Loop, Such As One That Involves Proteins Producing Energetic Molecules From Sugar ?

Loops [ 2 Answers ]

What component is present in every part of a loop?

I am seeing bad repetition in my relationships [ 14 Answers ]

I have been seeing this girl for almost 5 months. I am getting to a point now that I have seen myself get to in almost all of my past relationships. I don't know if this is just the "spark" dying off that makes me like this or what. Basically I notice that the first couple of months are...

View more questions Search