Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yilane Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Any information about a painting
    Hello, first time here and I have a question about a painting.

Does anyone know anything about this painting it looks like an 18th centuary man painting a mountain and becoming part of the picture. His hat becomes the mountain, his tunic part of the rock he is stting on and his easel coming out of the snow.

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 01:05 AM
    Hi, Yilane!

I'm sorry that know one has yet come along to address your question! Is there a signature visible anywhere on it? Also, do you have idea how old the painting is and is the painting an original, please?

Thanks!

Aug 26, 2009, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Yilane!

I'm sorry that know one has yet come along to address your question! Is there a signature visible anywhere on it? Also, do you have idea how old the painting is and is the painting an original, please?

Thanks!
    Hello, thank you for your reply. I can't read the signature and I was unable to get a decent photo of it. The painting isn't very old dated 1996. Although it is an original I think it is a copy of another painters style as I did find a similar painting once before on Google. Unfortunately my computer broke and I lost all my data and I having been trawling through images since. I was hoping someone might recognise this and I could get some information.
    thatcomedian Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 24, 2009, 11:40 AM

The original would be Jan Vermeers "The Art of Painting"
    http://www.vermeer-foundation.org/Th...665-large.html

Oct 25, 2009, 02:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcomedian View Post
    The original would be Jan Vermeers "The Art of Painting"
    The Artist's Studio 1665 - Jan Vermeer Van Delft - Large
    Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for :)

Oct 25, 2009, 02:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilane View Post
    Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for :)
    I think that is amazing finding that. Did you know or did that take a lot of searching? Thanks again
    thatcomedian Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 25, 2009, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilane View Post
    I think that is amazing finding that. Did you know or did that take alot of searching? Thanks again
    I knew. I did search though to see if I could find later "updates". I'm sure there are a ton but I could only find one psychedelic one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J Leonhard painting looking for information [ 5 Answers ]

Here are some more images: http://www.villagefair.net/photo/leonhard3.jpghttp://www.villagefair.net/photo/leonhard2.jpghttp://www.villagefair.net/photo/leonhard1.jpg A few years ago I researched this painting for a friend and found an example of a similar painting with the same signature. I have...

I would appreciate information about an oil painting. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an oil, painting that was bought over 35 years ago. It was painted by jn michel. He only used blue and white for his oil paintings. Is or was he famous? AND IS THIS PAINTING WORTH anything?

Looking for information on oil painting [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased this oil painting at a thrift store. The canvas is on a frame made by a NY company (Ancobilt). It is 20" x 30", with a signature. If anyone has info, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Finding Information about an oil painting [ 2 Answers ]

I have an oil painting I need to identify the name and artist which I am attaching.

View more questions Search