Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chedrhawk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 04:55 AM
    Abusive husband
    Can a wife who is being physically and verbaly abused move out of state with their child. They live in Illinois and she wants to move to Wisconsin.
    krazziee Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 05:08 AM

I would say yes
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 05:39 AM

It depends. Has the abuse been reported? Who was it against... mother or child?

Your best bet to make this whole thing as smooth as possible would be to contact a local abuse advocate group. They have lawyers who are specifically trained to handle issues just like this.

Doing this on your own might result in an outcome that would actually make things worse.

Please, get the help you need from the professionals. It will be best for you and your child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2009, 09:10 AM

They will still have to prove in court the need. The husband being abusive will not take his rights to visits away, it may restrict him to supervised visits.

So if there has been dozens of police reports, perhaps husband arrested for abuse before then they may.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my husband abusive? [ 13 Answers ]

My husband constantly puts me down. Not just name calling (example: hoe, *****) but also personal insults like stupid, lazy, fat, and makes me feel bad for not working. I only have a high school diploma and can't afford child-care. We have three kids, and I am pregnant again. I got pregnant on the...

Abusive husband [ 10 Answers ]

He calls me names like slut, fat lazy, he drinks every day ,lies he's always angry when he gets home from work he hates it when the TV is on or if I'm on the computer every thing has to be in silence why why it is driving me crazy

Abusive husband [ 5 Answers ]

My husband is very mentally abusive. I can't take it anymore. I need a way out. But if I try to leave he'll take my kids away. I have two small ones. I want to leave him so he won't know Where I am with my children. If I just divorce him, he will Get my kids on the weekends and abuse them...

Friends husband is abusive [ 10 Answers ]

I've recently found out that one of my best friends husband has pushed her around in the past, this all came to head a few weekends ago when he was very absuse and the police caught him strangling her. The police have put a restraining order on him, however she's such a good and sensible person...

Is my husband abusive? [ 23 Answers ]

My husband and I recently got back together after a 6 month separation. He begged me to come back and so I did. I've loved him most of my life. We have been together for 9years and we have 3 small children together ages 1-8. I love him dearly but here lately it seems like we are getting back to...

View more questions Search