Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Twink24 Posts: 45, Reputation: -2

Aug 8, 2009, 02:24 AM
    Canker Sore!
    I did not know where to post this so seeing as it is happening in my mouth dentistry seems the best choice.
    I have a horrible Canker sore on the inside of my lip, its swollen, and very UGLYY (no it is not a cold sore) I constantly get canker sores from either accidentally biting the inside of my mouth or from lack of sleep. My doctor has given me medication for this which is like a paste that goes over the sore to keep bacteria out, but it has not been doing much for me other than making my mouth super sticky and gross tasting. Is there any suggestions as to how I can get rid of this canker faster than usual or any home treatments you can suggest.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 03:19 AM

I have found warm saltwater rinses 6 times a day to be effective.
    Regular table salt,good and salty.Do not rinse after swishing it around.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 04:20 AM

Tea tree oil and water works well too. 5 drops of tea tree oil in a cup of water or you could dab some tea tree oil right on the cancre.
    Realist123 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 10:28 AM
    Try gargling with provixide, it does not sting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch It leaks puss like yellow fluid all day. When he touches it, it hurts for minutes after He is in the sun a lot so he thinks it might be cancer. Would cancer have these symptoms also What do you...

Sore jaw [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 19 years old and recently I have been having trouble with the right side of my jaw. It doesn't feel like painfull just like it is constantly sore. Also my jaw pops when I chew food or gum on the right side of my mouth. Please let me know if you have any knowledge on this subject.

Sore hip [ 8 Answers ]

Any folk remedies, home cures for a sore hip? It is almost certainly arthritic. I walk a lot and do Tai Chi, but it has definitely gotten sorer over last few weeks. Any ideas/diet suggestions on how to minimize discomfort/stop deterioration/heal? Thanks.

What is a canker sore? [ 4 Answers ]

What is a canker sore

View more questions Search