Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Twink24 View Post
    Is this just a trap so you can beak at/about me somemore?

No, I have no need to trap you so I can "beak" at you - whatever that means.

This is a legal board and you said: "The courts have stated that the employment discrimination laws are not intended to be a "clean language law." If you work in a hospital, there may be special rules that could apply." I have no reason to believe or disbelieve this and would like to see where the info came from.

I would like your reference for this because it could be helpful to me.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 10, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Is this just a trap so you can beak at/about me somemore?
    It is no uncommon to be asked for support for something you post. Wven those who help want to (and can) learn from others. But if something is posted that we aren't sure of, then we ask for backup.

If you can back up what you say, then we will thank you for the info. If you are posting info without solid backing then we need to make the OP aware of that.
    Twink24 Posts: 45, Reputation: -2

Aug 10, 2009, 11:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    No, I have no need to trap you so I can "beak" at you - whatever that means.

This is a legal board and you said: "The courts have stated that the employment discrimination laws are not intended to be a "clean language law." If you work in a hospital, there may be special rules that could apply." I have no reason to believe or disbelieve this and would like to see where the info came from.

I would like your reference for this because it could be helpful to me.

Can an employer yell or swear at you? - Discrimination - Avvo.com

This is where I got my information, I went on Google and typed in : can your employer swear at you? And it was the first one that came up, both of the comments looked as though they were helpful so I posted bits of it.

To 'beak' I suppose is slang in my province for grumbling and groaning at/about someone (to it put in a nice way.)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 06:15 AM

this is where i got my information, i went on google and typed in : can your employer swear at you? and it was the first one that came up, both of the comments looked as though they were helpful so i posted bits of it.

to 'beak' i suppose is slang in my province for grumbling and groaning at/about someone (to it put in a nice way.)

This entire exchange could have been avoided if you had posted the source of your info.

I do not find that searching a question on Google and pretty much quoting that answer as fact on AMHD is helpful to anyone. I don't know if anyone else will look at the site you posted but you quoted someone verbatim without giving that person or site any credit, completely against the rules of AMHD.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 11, 2009, 06:31 AM

this is where i got my information, i went on google and typed in : can your employer swear at you? and it was the first one that came up, both of the comments looked as though they were helpful so i posted bits of it.
    This site does not and will not tolerate plagiarism. You copied and pasted the comments from Paul Cherner on the site you linked to without any attribution. This is plagiarism. It is not a problem to copy and paste as long as you attribute what you copied to the person who actually wrote it and/or link to the site you got it from.

P.S. I do not want to hijack the OP's thread any more. So if you wish to discuss this further post in the Feedback forum or PM me.
    Twink24 Posts: 45, Reputation: -2

Aug 19, 2009, 03:09 AM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Balancer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial names to botanical names [ 1 Answers ]

Sirs, I want to know botanical names of all fruits,plants and flowers,particulerly all horticulture products and floriculture products.i.e. from commercial popular name to botanical names. Thank you and with regards. J.B.Gandhi

They call me names [ 27 Answers ]

Kids in my school call me fat stupid and ugly what to do

Who do you call when your employer won't give you your paycheck after termination? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. My boyfriend just put in his two week notice last Friday after finding a better paying job. After six days, there was an investigation done by local detective. Nothing has been concluded so far but it did result in firing 5 people. There is no proof that any of these people did anything...

What do you call those web sites where old domain names [ 3 Answers ]

Are re-directed to? You know, they look like internet directories. Is there a name for those type of sites?

View more questions Search