Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeanco Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 08:07 PM
    No "chaw" in baseball!
    I love baseball but am disgusted that they allow the players and managers to chew tobacco during a game.Since there are so many children watching the games, I think it should be banned. Who could I contact to voice my opinion?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 08:12 PM
    There's a large number of athletes that are chewing/eating sunflower seeds. The sunflower seed companies give teams 5 gal buckets of them for the dugout. They want their name seen. So, it may look like they're chewing tobacco, but not always.

Aug 8, 2009, 12:15 PM
    You are right about the sunflower seeds but when they have a bulging cheek and constantly spit a fluid,you can bet it's chaw.Many of them chew bubble gum and show it by blowing bubbles. The Red Sox manager is obviously a user.

Aug 8, 2009, 12:15 PM
    You are right about the sunflower seeds but when they have a bulging cheek and constantly spit a fluid,you can bet it's chaw.Many of them chew bubble gum and show it by blowing bubbles. The Red Sox manager is obviously a user.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanco View Post
    In all honesty, with ALL the inappropriate behavior, language, sexual content , violence, etc, on television, chewing tobacco pales in comparison. I know how you feel, since I have two children under the age of eight to raise. I constantly cringe whenever something like that comes on. I just try to set an example out of those things, AFTER I change the channel. Turn a negative into a positive.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 10:11 AM

We used to chew playing high school ball, it calms the nerves.

Haha, this reminds me of when Scott Pollard looked into the camera and mouthed the words "hey kids! Do drugs!", yeah, he got a l'il slap on the wrist for that one. Link here.

Pros are human, they're not going to be perfect and sometimes they're going to be stupid. It's kind of hard to govern personalities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

View more questions Search