Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 8, 2009, 04:38 AM

First of all, how horrible are your parents that they require that you pay for your own cell phone. What cruelty!! In case you don't get I'm being VERY sarcastic.

A cell phone is not a right. Many parents require that their children pay for their phones.

As for getting emancipated, not all states allow for emancipation. Those that do, require the child show they are capable of caring for themselves without any help or supervision. So you would need to prepare a case to prove that.
    BrownEyesBlue Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Aug 12, 2009, 11:37 AM
    I am sorry your mother isn't treating you well. That has to be miserable for you. Have you tried telling her you would like to speak to her about your relationship with her? Maybe you are assuming too much. I found it was always helpful when my children would tell me they wanted to speak to me alone, and we would go have lunch somewhere or go to a park, and sit and talk. I had no idea I treated my kids the way I did, withouth them communicating with me. My disposition came from having too much on my plate, in life in general. By communicating and not guessing why your mom treats you badly, it will open up a whole new door for your relationship with her.

It sounds like your mom has taken on a lot with additional children coming into her life. Perhaps you are feeling left out because you are the oldest of the children?

My advice would be to talk this out with your mother before you totally cut off all ties with her.

My mother passed away in 1992 and there isn't a day that goes by, that I wish she was here for me to talk to still.

Communication is the key, sweetie. It starts with you taking the first step and asking your mom for some private time with her. You have nothing to lose at this point, since you are already wanting to be separated from her... so take that first step and open the line of communication. ;)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 11:48 AM

You have a cell phone, you have to pay for it and you're complaining?

My kids won't be allowed a cell phone until they have a job. We have a land line, they can make calls using that phone, they don't need a cell.

I don't even have a cell phone.

Having a cell phone is not a right.
    TGMcCallie Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2009, 06:05 PM

You say in one post, When I am 16. That tells me you ar3e only 15 years old and not legal age.

You can't do what you are requesting. The courts will have you put in foster care or even a reform school if you rebel.

Do you have Grandparents that are willing to take you?
    huangtramp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 10:47 AM

No one can emancipate you but yourself,just be courageous and do you best on study,and you will find a way to your own life.wish you success!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorcing while incarcerated [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas and my legal husband is incarcerated for a while and we have not been together since 2001 and I am in desperate need of a divorce and I was told it could happen for a little of nothing and especially being that we don't have any kids or property or nothing.

K1 spouse, now divorcing [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is an USC. WE got married in my country and then, my husband petition for my entrance into the USA. After a year and half, we are in the process of divorce. What are the requirements for filing an I-751 Petition after the Conditional Perm. Resident has divorced USC sponsor.

Parents Divorcing, But 17 yr old wanting to move out of state [ 1 Answers ]

I am 17 yrs old and my parents are getting a divorce. They agreed on join custody, but I want to move out of Indiana to Utah to live with family. I'm not sure if I'm old enough to be emanicipated but I want to live with my family in Utah. My father is not giving consent for me to move, but my...

Parents Divorcing & my little sister is in the mix. [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Britney NeSmith and I am a 20 year old college JR. I am the oldest I have a brother who is 17 and a little sister who is only 11. Recently my brother left home and now lives with some family friends. This change in our lives was very hard on us all but mostly on my Mom. While gogin...

View more questions Search