Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charro08 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 02:30 PM
    Changing floor plumbing to wall plumbinf for bath vanity
    Hi
    I have floor plumbing to my bathroom vanity.
    Most of the styles of vanities available now are wall plumbed vanities. Is it a diy to change the plumbing from floor to wall? Or hire a pro? I have a crawl space beneath the bath and can access MOST of the plumbing.. but not sure where to start
    Thanks
    Charro
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 7, 2009, 03:46 PM

Can you post a pic of the floor plumbing? Most likely if the drain goes through the floor, its not vented. So you can run it in the wall and vent it out through the roof, or just keep it going though the floor and ad an aav. You can do this yourself if you are willing to. We will need much more info to help you out. Now, if the water lines come up through the floor, they can also be moved into the wall, unless your sink is on an outside wall and you live in an area that sees below freezing temperatures.. If sink is on an outside wall, and you do indeed live in below freezing area, then the water lines will still have to come up through the floor, can't put water lines in an outside wall in areas that reach below 32 degrees.
    charro08 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 04:48 AM

That answered my question exactly. It is on an outside wall and we do have freezing weather. I guess I have to get the vanity that fits the floor.
    Thank you so much
    Charro
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 8, 2009, 05:01 AM
    You have a "S" trap on your lavatory. If you get the vanity that's open to the floor you may still use the "S" trap set up but add a AAV, (see image) to vent the unit. That will be much easier then installing a "P" trap and venting through the roof. Good luck, Tom
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 02:47 PM

What kind of vanity were you thinking of. Maybe a pedestal lav? You can still use almost any vanity with through the floor plumbing, you just may have to drill some holes in the vanity or some of the plumbing may be visible. But there is always a way to make it work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor based in wall plumbing toilets [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I could find a toilet that has in the wall plumbing toilet with a floor base?

Bath vanity plumbing connections [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new sink faucet in my bathroom not knowing that the accompanying drain tube is 1-1/4". My old was 1-1/2". I went ahead & bought a new P-trap that is 1-1/4". The drain/waste tube through the wall is 1-1/2" still... how can I make the transition from 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" and where do I make...

Cutting cement for plumbing 3/4 bath to full bath [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently in the middle of changing our basement 3/4 bath into a full bath. The bathroom is 5.5' by 13.5'. We want to put the sink where the shower was and put a tub/shower where the sink was. (because the space where the shower was is too small for a tub). The old sink drain is centered 4...

Changing from a wall hung toilet to a floor mounted one. [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in 1962 and has Case model 3000 wall hung toilets. I am remodeling one bathroom and have to change the plumbing over from wall hung to floor mount. The problem I have is that the current closet flange is mounted to a T with one side going to the sewer and the other going to the...

View more questions Search