Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alrightthen Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 10:45 AM
    How can I finance a foreclosed house under construction?
    So, I gather this is a complicated feat? I would like to purchase a house that has been foreclosed on during the construction process, before the certificate of occupency was obtained. Can I get a construction to permanent loan to finish the house and then modify to a permanent mortgage? The listing realtor said that unless I had cash for the purchase price (which I don't, although I can put 20% down) then I'd have to gamble with my own money to finish the house enough to get the certificate of occupency then *hope* a bank will give me a loan to purchase the house. This scenario really makes no sense to me. There must be another way to do this?
    Any ideas or insight would be appreciated. Everyone I call gives me a number for someone else to call.. .
    Thanks in advance!
    lessaul Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2009, 11:58 AM
    you would need to approach this as a construction to permanent loan. You will need to have a contract with the current REO bank and also a contract with the new builder. You will probably need to have 20% down based on the total combine price of purchase price plus construction cost. Depending on your credit, debt to income ratio, and all the other factors, you should be able to wrap the purchase and complete of construction into on C to P loan. For example: my company does C to P loans at 70% loan to value, however we do end loans to 90% (depending on your state maybe 95%). The construction loan would fund the completion of the home and your construction loan could be modified to your permanent loan once the home is completed and the certificate of occupany is issued by your county government.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental house foreclosed on [ 3 Answers ]

My son signed a rental lease 6/08. 8/12 he was served with a foreclosure notice stating that he may terminate his lease with a ten day written notice to landlord. "You may be liable for rent due under the agreement prorated to the effective date of the termination" So he found another place to...

House being Foreclosed and renting [ 1 Answers ]

This is kind a complicated situation.We moved into this house about 3 years ago under an owner we wasn't I guess the "legal" owner they were helping the original owner out by taking over all of their rental houses because they we in a huge financial bind. This past October the original owner...

House we are renting is being foreclosed, what do we do? [ 2 Answers ]

The house in Saint Petersburg we are renting in being foreclosed. We have been paying rent since November 2006 of $1300 a month. The owner has not paid the mortgage since June 2007 so the bank has filed suit for foreclosure, we got our copies "Jane Doe" on Tuesday. What do we have to do? Do we...

My mom is renting and house was foreclosed on [ 4 Answers ]

My mom is now not able to take care of her finances. She is 65 yrs old. She rents an apt in Ottawa, IL and I just found out the property has been sold back to the bank and the foreclsure proceedings are being finalized on Jan 22, 2008. Q: Does she have to pay the rent or can she use it to get...

View more questions Search