Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pariarora Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Laptop is not downloading external links
    My laptop is not downloading external links, it starts the download and then gets stuck in between... nothing happens it stays e.g at downloaded 14 % for hours and hours..
    But if I download using vpn.. it becomes very slow but gives no difficulty in downloading. Can someone help please?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 03:35 PM

Using IE?

Tried another browser?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.
    pariarora Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Yes, using IE only... can it be a problem with a service provider... I think I am unable to download on a different laptop also, tried once and the moment the download speed went to 15 kbps... it stuck... What other broswer should I use?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 11:56 AM
    Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup

Are there wireless settings to check?

Try and reset IE defaults to see if that will help

Click on tools, internet options, adv tab, towards bottom - Click Reset Defualts and click OK and Apply

After resetting, close IE and reopen and see if that helped out or not

If that does not help, you can try and use Firefox to see if any difference in dl speed

Just install with recommended settings
    Firefox Browser | Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox | Free Download

If same issue, would be something else to consider

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the Function key to off my Dell laptop display while downloading from interne [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a Dell laptop last few weeks. I try to download something from internet, but too bad I don't know how to off the monitor while the download still running. Anybody can help?

Old laptop drive won't work in external HDD [ 2 Answers ]

Well, I had 2 old laptops given to me by someone who had cracked their screens. They were old enough and new screens costly enough that I scrapped them for parts, basically just saving the IDE HHDs and ram. Installed one in an external USB enclosure and it worked great. Tried the same with the...

Which connector for laptop to external HD [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know the correct name and designation of the cable for connecting an IBM laptop to an external hard drive?

Laptop connected to an external monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I ruined the screen of my laptop a few weeks ago and have been surving off a cheap old dell monitor that I simply connected to my laptop. Today, I disconnected the two to move my laptop and when I reconnected them, the external monitor's screen no longer displayed the image from the laptop. I...

View more questions Search