Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 06:50 PM

Nope if someone is so inconsiderate to you why even bother giving them the time of day.
    People like that aren't even appreciative any way. Some people like that will throw whatever you gave them in the garbage first chance they get.

SAVE your money and take yourself out to eat or something.
    Don't give her the satisfaction.
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

Aug 26, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Nope if someone is so inconsiderate to you why even bother giving them the time of day.
    People like that aren't even appreciative any way. Some people like that will throw whatever you gave them in the garbage first chance they get.

SAVE your money and take your self out to eat or something.
    Don't give her the satisfaction.
    Yes, I know and I've thought about that. The reason why I'm even considering it is because two months ago, while in the middle of shunning me lol, she bought me a gift for my birthday and it was over 100 bucks. I just cannot understand this odd behavior.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 09:26 PM

That is odd. Maybe you should buy her something but thing is no matter what it may be not ''as good as what she bought you''

?? IDK

Aug 26, 2009, 10:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    That is odd. Maybe you should buy her something but thing is no matter what it may be not ''as good as what she bought you''

???IDK
    Weird, isn't it? Her behavior is so strange I had to come and post it here :p

Well, come to think about it, she is a habitual pot user, so maybe that explains her erratic emotional behavior? LOL
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 01:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dincher View Post

well, come to think about it, she is a habitual pot user, so maybe that explains her erratic emotional behavior? LOL
    Well, yes, smoking pot on a regular basis, over a long period will tend to screw around with personality features, general outlook on life, day to day actiivities, not mention losing friends because pot users can't handle the drama attached to some friendships.

I guess all of the above, dincher, explains her erratic behavior.

Tick
    Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 05:20 AM

Hi dincher, on second thought, we have all be going in circles trying to find a reason for your friends actions, but you didn't say she was a pot smoker originally. That may havemade a difference to four pages of answers.:rolleyes:

Tick

Aug 27, 2009, 05:43 AM

Well, I thought maybe a regular user here may come out and say, "that's not an excuse". I don't know, it was just a thought- not a fact. It's rather strange that she's also"spiritual" (christian) and telling our mutual friends about loving one another, but treats me this way.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 06:42 AM

Maybe you didn't defer enough to her, after she gave you an expensive birthday gift. Have you tried talking to her again? This is weird, but if you want to know what's on someone else's mind, you ask them.

Aug 27, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Maybe you didn't defer enough to her, after she gave you an expensive birthday gift. Have you tried talking to her again? This is wierd, but if you want to know whats on someone else's mind, you ask them.
    Yeah, after she sent me the gift, I thanked her, told her that I love her, and we were fine again. But last week, she started with this crap attitude again.
    Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dincher View Post
    Well, I thought maybe a regular user here may come out and say, "that's not an excuse". I don't know, it was just a thought- not a fact. It's rather strange that she's also"spiritual" (christian) and telling our mutual friends about loving one another, but treats me this way.
    I don't know what you are saying here. A regular user of pot, or a regular user of this forum. I am a regular user of AMHD and it isn't an excuse, but potheads are rarely free thinking individuals, although they think that pot makes them more aware and in tune with their surroundings, it doesn't. Marijuana destroys brain cells over a very extended period, years, in fact.

Tick
    Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 09:27 AM

Confession- I stopped trying to figure out what others feel a long time ago.

But I would ask her crazy a$$ what's up now.

Aug 27, 2009, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Confession- I stopped trying to figure out what others feel a long time ago.

But I would ask her crazy a$$ whats up now.
    Hahahaha, thanks a lot for the laugh.
    If I asked her, she may get defensive. I don't want that.
    Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Quote by dincher; hahahaha, thanks a lot for the laugh.
    If I asked her, she may get defensive. I don't want that.
    Take a chance, dinch, maybe 'defensive' will be good. At least get some good honest reaction her !

Tick

Aug 27, 2009, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    take a chance, dinch, maybe 'defensive' will be good. At least get some good honest reaction her !

tick
    Ugh, I hate this kind of thing. It may give her the satisfaction of getting a "rise" from me, or it may make me look too desperate for her attention, two of which I don't like. Or worse yet, she may cop out and say, "Oh, i wasn't ignoring you. That was all in your mind" -which of course, I know it isn't. So how can I make my case, if she's telling me she isn't ignoring me? That's my dilemma

Aug 27, 2009, 08:05 PM

Ok, I finally did it. I confronted her - but it was through email because she made herself "unavailable" again.

So this is what I wrote:

Me: Hi how are you - just wondering if you're upset with me?

Her: LOL! No way am I upset with you , gosh no, but I am in pain, I think I've got fibro-sitis.

My mom had it once at my age too sob

Me: I hope that you feel better.
    Excuse the bluntness but I had to ask. I know that it may make you feel uncomfortable but I am a no "mind games" person

Anyway, it's kind of a strong intuition that I have and a strong one at that. I guess last week, during event XX, I saw that you were there and didn't say hello, even though the day before you said we'd go together and then the next day I see you there and you don't even speak to me. If I made a comment that offends you, it's better to let me know instead of sitting on it cause it builds resentment.

Anyway, I want you to be happy - and if not "associating" with me will make you happy then that's okay.

I hope you feel better :)

Her: nooooooooo don't be silly, I love you!
    Yeah this getting old stuff sucks...
    Although I have to thank God because I did ask him to give me stuff that not life threatening and this isn't hahah

The whole xxx drama between why and a is getting old...

I've tried to mend fences with mk and he's been reasonably receptive so far.

But please don't think I'm avoiding you. I just can't go out as I stiffen up and then can't get up at all. I literally rolled out of bed today and dad got me asprins so I could get up lol

~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't written back yet because for some reason, I feel that this is a partial truth. Just a feeling that I have (even though I sound mean) What do you guys think? Should I just leave it at that?

Aug 28, 2009, 07:25 PM
    Why do people do this.
    Threads merged

When you sense that there is a problem in the relationship and confront them about it even in a nice way, they will either deny that there is a problem, or simply apologize for making you feel bad. I notice that this happens with any relationship.

For example, my ex husband - I've always asked him if he loves me or that if there are problems, to please let me know as I love him. Yet, he would always come back and tell me not to worry about anything that he loves me just so. But... when he left me for another woman, *she* sent me a nasty email with a laundry list of things that my ex husband didn't like about me.

That was 4 years ago.

Now, there is this girlfriend who I have (a regular relatinship) who's acting the same way. I'm sure last week she snubbed me - she went above and beyond to show me that she did. So when I asked her nicely why she snubbed me, and gave her the solid proof, she simply denied it and apologized. Yet, I'm sure that she *did* snub me. In fact positive. But she continues to deny, and apologize and say, "oh please don't feel that way" etc etc

So I'm wondering - what's wrong with speaking your mind, instead of punishing people by snubbing or simply leaving them without them knowing what they've done wrong?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 07:40 PM

So I'm wondering - what's wrong with speaking your mind, instead of punishing people by snubbing or simply leaving them without them knowing what they've done wrong?
    Not everyone is good at it!
    Sad to say.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    It would save a lot of life's problems if people truly learned how to communicate.

Aug 28, 2009, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Not everyone is good at it!
    Sad to say.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    It would save a lot of life's problems if people truly learned how to communicate.
    Exactly. And the thing is that the person who's snubbing me and who has apologized without getting to the bottom of things, sort of speak, had her husband do the same thing to her. So I expected better from her.
    Expert

Aug 29, 2009, 07:40 AM

People seldom live up to our expectations, or do things the way we want them to. Some times they can't, and sometimes they just don't want to.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2009, 08:27 AM

I think people at their core to do not want to be rude, so they either avoid conflict or confrontation. Having said that, getting and email from another woman isn't what I'd call proof of anything other then a vidictive woman.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a close friend [ 7 Answers ]

Well, they really aren't missing, I just lost contact with her when I moved out of state. I am getting married within the next month and I would like to mail her an invite and I tried to find an address, but couldn't. I was wondering if someone knows her address, her name is April bump.

Feelings for a close friend don't know what to do! [ 3 Answers ]

I have this close friend that I've been friends with for almost a year. I thought he was cute when I first met him but so did one of my roomates! She actually told him she like him but he never said he liked her like that. He comes to my house everyday, he even spends the night sometimes. He's seen...

Financed a car for a close friend, and I am now trying to get rid of it. [ 1 Answers ]

I finaced a truck for a close friend, with the agreement that they where going to pay the monthly payments on it. It has been over 4 months and after the 2 month grace period, no payment has been made on the account. I need to get rid of this car, I do not want it in my name any longer. I need...

Synonyms of close friend [ 1 Answers ]

could someone help me finding some synonmys of close friend? thanks in advance ^_^

Need to have a close friend but doesn't seem logic [ 9 Answers ]

Hi every body, I broke up my friendship with a distant friend 2 month ago. Now I don't have any close friend , nowadays I have to pass a relative big-important exam ,so I don't go anywhere except library and that's all, I don't have any job now , and I don't want to have now , because I have to...

View more questions Search