Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    birdman60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 02:25 PM
    Bad odor
    Help
    I have a bad odor coming in from the pipe that leads to my sump pump well. Also mud is coming in the same way. I live in a 4 unit townhouse that all share the same drain tile. Don't know if that helps.
    Thanks in advance
    birdman60
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 22, 2006, 02:53 PM
    Hi Bird,

Do the other units all drain into your pit? If the drain pipe's Terra-Cotta,(tile)
    Then it sounds like you have a break in the line that allows dirt to enter. Or the dirt could be coming from a "french drain" from outside. As for the odor, can you get to the other end of the drain line to load it up with bleach?
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BAD odor in house and garage [ 3 Answers ]

I have owned my house for about a year now and there has been a dead animal smell off and on during this time. The first time it went away I was relieved thinking it was over, however several weeks later it was back. I cannot find a leak, a dead animal or any clue to the problem. I know there is...

Suspicion of very bad mouth odor [ 23 Answers ]

Hello, I have a problem that has not been diagnosed.I have bad breath that can Be smelled when my mouth is closed.If people sit next to me or if I walk By they gesture as if they detect it.when I brush my teeth,the smell never changes Not even for a minute.Its as if I did nothing at all.I...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Bad Odor.. please help [ 6 Answers ]

I have a very horrible odor from my vagina, I know I am and ot alone in this because. I have tried looking for solutions online and have found many women with the same problem. I wash everyday with anti bacterial soap and I use cotton underwear. At the end of they day there's white/brown stuff on...

Bad Odor in Attic/Third Floor [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I assumed one of our cats "sprayed" upstairs in our third floor bathroom (converted attic). The smell has come back after two full floor washings with enzyme remover. The smell seems to be strongest under the bathroom sink. When we checked the adjoining kitchenette, it seems to...

View more questions Search