Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hamadh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 03:11 AM
    Sharing files across computers on different Workgroups and domains
    How to Sharing files across computers on different domains with different IPs.
    Thank u .
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 7, 2009, 06:26 AM

Are the domains part of the same Active Directory Forest? If they are, then the domain trust relationship is easy. If they are not, then you must setup a trusted Forest relationship.

This is all performed in the AD Sites and Services snap-in.

AD Group Types
    Domain Local - can not be a member of a Universal Group, can contain members only within a domain, replicated within domain
    Global - can be a member of a Universal Group, can contain members only within a domain, replicated within domain
    Universal - can have members from other domains, replicated to all domains
    hamadh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 11:06 AM

The domains is not in the same forest.
    I'll try to perform trusted Forest relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting password for workgroups [ 1 Answers ]

We are using windows xp in our company with 40 computers networked in a single lan, We have created workgroups like sales, accounts etc.. will u please give guidelines to setup Password for r workgroup so that only people in the same workgroup can access the files. That is only sales people can...

Sharing, files [ 2 Answers ]

I have made several html files which I would like to share with friends Does exist a good free program to share on the internet with them included passwords and of course a safe program. But what is today still save and free ?:)

Sharing a folder across domains [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to share a folder on a server on one domain with a workstation on another domain, both with different IP Ranges.

Sharing files over wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am new to this forum but I love these things... I have 2 computers--one connected through a modem to comcast cable and then my laptop connected through a linksys wireless set up to this computer. The tower has windows xp with service pack 2 installed and the laptop with windows xp pro and...

Sharing Music Files [ 14 Answers ]

I am new to the world of sharing music files. I recently subscribed to a music file sharing service for around US$25 for two years. The quality of files downloaded so far is excellent. The question is, is sharing of music files still legal? The recording companies and musical artists would...

View more questions Search