Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eab2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 08:52 PM
    Custody of my child
    I've been involved in a custody battle for my 2 year old son with my Ex since he was born. She was told that if she continues to withhold visitation from me charges will be set against her. I found out today that she left the state with my son and her new boyfriend. What can I do to get this madness to stop? A friend told me that it's considered kidnapping, but I don't know how accurate that is... is it kidnapping?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 08:54 PM

You need to go back to court and report that she has left the state.
    Twink24 Posts: 45, Reputation: -2

Aug 6, 2009, 09:28 PM

Talk to a lawyer!
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 04:34 AM

Its probably not technically kidnapping if no custody order is in place. If you have some visitation and she moves without court approval she can be cited with contempt and lose the child to you.

Like the others have said... get back to court and tell them. If you don't have a lawyer already, now would be a good time to get one. Its more critical now than ever since this might be the straw.

Edited to add: it may be kidnapping, depending on a defined set of circumstances. A court will decide. It IS, however, illegal, regardless of the crime.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eab2009 View Post
    I've been involved in a custody battle for my 2 year old son with my Ex since he was born. She was told that if she continues to withhold visitation from me charges will be set against her. I found out today that she left the state with my son and her new boyfriend. What can i do to get this madness to stop? A friend told me that it's considered kidnapping, but I dont know how accurate that is...is it kidnapping?
    The way I'm reading this, I assume that a custody order is already in place. What does the order state about custody and visitation? That will outline whether she can take the child out-of-state or not. My husband's order states that either he or his ex-wife and remove the children from the state as long as it doesn't interfere with the other parent's physical custody.

How often are you supposed to see your son? When was the last time you saw him? Have you filed for contempt against your ex for withholding the child?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2009, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Comments on this post
    Twink24 disagrees: if you have not already noticed i was not the only one advising her to go to a lawyer.

This is pure retaliation, plain and simple. Where is the error in my advice? You may want to read up on greenies/reddies.

And do NOT PM me again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to file the child custody for getting my child support? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been lived with my EX for 4 yrs. We have a 6-year-old son. We had broken 3 years ago. But we are still living together, because we bought a house together. And we are taking care of my child together also . Now I want he give me a full child custody, he denied it. And his mother, my child...

Can father of my unborn child receive custody or visitation rights after child is bor [ 5 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the babies father is going after custody or visitation when the child is born. He is very abusive and does have a violent record from the past. He is been making many threats towards me and my unborn child. He has even stated that once he has the child in his hands he stated that...

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

I want to give custody of my unborn child to the father before the child is born [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and wish to give custody to the father before the child is born

Child custody of an unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

My question is concerning my sister, she moved to this state I live in now, only a year ago,to live with me, she got pregnant by some guy she was seeing, when he started beating her up she left him,(she was only 2 months pregnant at this time) now she's 7 months pregnant and we are moving back...

View more questions Search