Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iimagery Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 08:16 PM
    I am in a sexless marriage.
    So my husband, yes husband does not want to have sex. He insists that he is in love with me. Would do anything for me, but he complains worse than a woman most all the time, and he would rather materbate than have sex with me. We have been married for almost a year. We have one child. Its always something... he's tired, sick, sore, etc... the list goes on and on. So in our nearly one year being married, we have had sex once! I just don't see how that is possible. I am absolutely sure he is not cheating on me. I monitor everything... but there's nothing to monitor. I can't play with him and get him excited. He's not really into oral. He doesn't like much of anything, but still insists he really loves me and not having sex doesn't mean he doesn't love me. I feel like I am in a relationship of 60yr olds that probably are having a better time. Is it me or him? We are both attractive people. Neither one is hard to look at... but that doesn't even matter! Love is in the eye of the beholder. So.. I don't know if I can stay in this kind of relationship. What can I do? I thought that only women acted like this, but not even to the extent of one time a year! Any advise?
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 6, 2009, 08:28 PM

Sometime after a child is born the guy see's the girl in a motherly image and he's more interested in you being a good mom than anything else ,however once out of the year and choosing masturbation sounds extreme 'but can still be an extreme rut that can be broke with time and hard work .if he's open to talking about the masturbation I don't see why you couldn't ask him to save it maybe pick a date night if you have someone that you trust with the baby and get some couple time in.
    I heard it put this way once
    When you start and are in love you have

This full bowl of bond and love you can take

From it but you have to deposit into it as well

What you guys have been doing is just taking

Little bits at a time well now its empty or low

Anyway ,so you need to take some time to

Refill
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 08:30 PM

What was your sex life prior to marriage?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 08:32 PM
    Did this change shortly after the child?
    iimagery Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 09:50 PM

Well our sex life was 1 or 2 times per week. It was fine as far as I was concerned. Or child is 3 now and we were married last November. It didn't have anything to do with having a child as far as I can tell. I think that I have no idea what to think except that there is no emotional attachment.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 6, 2009, 09:52 PM

What did you think of my idea?
    Or do you think your beyond that?
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 11:35 PM
    It may be that you need to visit your doctor for him to have a check up. Have you ruled out any physical problems, medication, low testosterone?

If he insists that he loves you then it can't be emotional disconnection. It sounds like (sorry, but this is so obvious), sexual disconnection and/or a complete loss of libido.

The loss of libido seems to be related to the marriage - you did state that you have been married for a year and this has been going on for 12 months.

Does he want to stay in the marriage? If he does then I suggest he needs to find the reason for his lack of desire and to work on getting it back. Being tired, sore, sick, etc, and having sex once a year is not sustainable and demonstrates an alarming lack of respect and sensitivity to your needs.

Perhaps you can also speak to your doctor about a referral to a marriage counselor as it looks like you need to take the lead on this issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nearly sexless marriage, not sure if I love him anymore [ 13 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for a little over a year (dating for 2 ½ before that). Our sex life is horrible. On average, we have sex once or twice a month. One reason for that is we both work full time and are pursuing graduate degrees. However, even with that said, 1-2 times a month is...

Sexless Marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 18 years. We have not had sex for the past 2 years. Before that, we had sex a maximum of 6x a year. I have to admit, I have not been interested in sex with him for a very long time. Mind you, I LOVE SEX, just not turned on by him. He's a nice man,...

When is a sexless marriage OK? [ 15 Answers ]

Here's a link (When Sex Leaves the Marriage) to an interview with Denise A. Donnelly, associate professor of sociology at Georgia State University about her research on sexless marriages. A couple of excerpts: The reader comments are almost more interesting than the article. One...

Sexless marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Twenty years ago my H started having ED problems - gradually the sex dropped off completely. We're now in our fifties and have not had any intimacy for 20 years. My H will not address the problem and I feel I don't want to live this way any longer. I'm considering divorce. Any opinions? He...

Sexless [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for over 5 years and now we're both attending our third year in university. I usually sleep over at his apartment during the holidays. Neither of us wants to have sex, I guess we're both just plain lazyyy. :D I'm pretty sure we're not scared or...

View more questions Search