Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bprofit1 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Where to hook up condenser wires?
    I have found the pair of wires to hook up the condenser on to the wire terminals. Now I hook up one wire to the common and do I hook the other to the W connector or the Y connector on the controller terminals?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 06:31 PM

Y to condenser

Aug 6, 2009, 06:43 PM

A serviceman told me to the W but I had my suspions that it was the Y.

Thanks!

Aug 6, 2009, 06:44 PM
    He may have told me that so I would blow my board and then use him to fix it. He preface his answer that even when you buy a new board they don't work. What do you think?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 07:01 PM

You should already have a wire on the Y terminal, it is the wire that comes from the thermostat. So you use the same Y terminal for the wire going to the condensing unit.

Aug 6, 2009, 07:11 PM

The problem is that the wires got mixed up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement condenser fan motor wires are too short - now what? [ 2 Answers ]

The wires are about 10 inches too short. In normal wiring one would make a junction box and wire up extensions, but there is no place for a junction box inside the unit, of course. The original fan motor also used a flexible metal conduit, although the new fan wires appear to be overinsulated for...

Old AC condenser fan motor - which wires are which? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Climatrol unit with an Emerson condenser motor that is shot. I bought an Emerson Rescue motor to replace it from the local AC supply store. The wiring diagram was stored in the AC unit, and it is no longer readable. The three disconnected motor wires from the old unit are yellow,...

Having problems with my condenser fan unit hook-up [ 1 Answers ]

As stated before I have fan motor br,br/w,bl,and wh wires brns are on cap. And as advised black and white to top of contactor.However L3,T3,T1, are the open posts which wire goes on these posts.thanks in advance.My previous hook-up was bl. To the relay orange and purple to cap. Yellow and brown...

Where do the wires hook up to? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a package unit, I want to add electric heat. I received the heat package but with no instructions on where to hook-up the wires from the contactor energizing the heating elements. I understand that one of the wires should go to the w1 on my thermostat, but where does the other wire...

Which wires to I hook up to new thermostat? [ 5 Answers ]

I would be so grateful if someone could help me out. I have an old Janitrol thermostat, just purchased a Lux programmable one. The wiring doesn't all match. I'm having a hard time with the RC and RH, which have a jumper--this is on the new one. Here is the diagram for the old wiring: ...

View more questions Search