Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chocobrownie Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Dark skin black girl bio claire (dangerous) ?
    I bought bio claire and fair and lovely multifairness cream about 4 days ago, the problem is I know for a fact bio claire is a topical steriod and could be harmful to young smooth skin which I have since I'm 16, I don't wannna fuk up my skin in the long term I don't want skin cancer or sme when I'm older you know... well I've educated myself and on these harmful bleaching products but the real problem is I'm a very dark skinned black african girl like kelly rowland or darker and natrually bleaching agent like lemons don't work lol is harmful substances the only way? I don't want to get caramel complexion just a rich brown complexion like tatayana m. ali from Fresh prince of belair e.g medium somalian/ethopian girl skin tone.. mmm maybe not even that probably just gabrielle union's skin tone which is fair to me lol within 1-3 months preferably. I really don't want ple to tell me to use these products and be so naïve about these creams like "hydroninone's ok in small amounts" lol you don't know what your going to look like in a few years I think science knows more than you.. bleach treats our melanin like and s it up! But now I'm becoming hypocritical because it feels like I can only use these bleaching creams with dark skin but why would I use it knowing possibly knowing something could happen to my skin
    Should I eat my words and use bio claire? Should I use fair and lovely multifairness cream even though its catered for light asian women? Is there a natural way to have that tayana m. ali brown complexion when your very dark?:confused::(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 05:19 PM

Here is a link to a post further down this board

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...ly-383277.html

Aug 6, 2009, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Here is a link to a post further down this board

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...ly-383277.html
    Yeah I know already that bio claire is dangerous I want an answer to MY question
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 05:32 PM

Well the link was to reply to your first question bio claire (dangerous) ? Should you eat your words and use bio claire anyway?

NO

Aug 6, 2009, 06:01 PM

OK so is there a way to lighten very dark black skin without topical steroids?
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 06:03 PM

I rarely look at this board because I don't know much about skin lightening but I know I have seen posts on different products and different lighteners. I do believe I saw some about tablets you can take. It might help to read through some of the other posts and if there are any stickies at the top of the board

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-lightening/
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 07:27 PM
    Hey Chocobrownie,

I will do my best in answering your questions. Yes, there are other natural skin lighteners that are much safer on the skinthat are steroid and hydroquenone free. Such as mulberry root extract, bearberry extract, licorice extract, alpha arbutin, kojic acid (Ive' read mixed reviews from it stating that it's carcenogic but I still use it asit works well w/ others), among others that I'm still searching for... all of these works best with a good vitamin C and E (the d-tocopheral kind) that helps with the lightening process. I read that sepiwhite aka skinwhite are really good ingredients to lighten the skin in a non-harsh way but I don't know if it is a natural ingredient but definitely something I would like to try.

Punk Chic had written a good thread on these ingredients: (...I'm still searching for the post..)

I have used Papaya kojic soap to help lighten and remove dead skin cells (diana stalder soap), people up here have also stated having success using Likas papaya soap. Another brand with good reviews is Swiss L-Glutathione soap, I haven't tried it yet but have used the diana stalder l-gluathione brand. It was OK, but not worth buying a second time because I don't think it worked much. When lightening it's best to use an exfoliator like St. Ives Apricot scrub and to always use a god sun block, I use the Neutrogena spf 85, 70, and the 55.. I have all 3 and they all work well. I heard there's even an spf 100 now I think.

Finding a good affordable crème is still my search. I am using the bio claire crème at night to maintain. I am aware of the mixed reviews about it and I agree, but I'm finishing up the jar I have and hope to find a more ideal cheap product by the end of this month. I don'tknow much about fair and lovely or the multifairness crème I never tried it before, so I'll have to do more research on those. The only other crème (which uses natural active ingredients) that worked well in lightening was the Makari night cream, but many ppl's skin have broken out from using it, so it depends on the individual. It's quite expensive when buying on the regular and trying to lighten the body as well.

Natural bleaching agents like lemons, to me anyway, only works well with people with naturally fair skin and had a sun burn they want to get rid of. I tried it last year for 2 months and all it did was eventually burn my skin because it's acidic. Won't do much for naturally brown skin. The L-glutathione pills supposed to lighten the skin naturally from the inside out when taken in high doses and with lots of vitamin C, but the digestive system absorbs most of it so it does little if any to lighten the skin. The only positive review I have read about successful skin lightening with these pills are from the companies and affiliates who sell them. There are many people who use them but without success.. even 6 months later no success except for "softer skin". L-glutathione mainly works best when you have a prescription from the doctor who gives patients injections. AHA is good too by removing dead skin cells and help with the lightening process such as glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, citric acid, etc.. you can find these in over the counter products as well.

There is a board up here that advocates using natural skin lighteners only: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...nt-343086.html

As for myself, I have been searching the best of both worlds (natural and other) that will help me to reach my goals and hopefully maintain.

Aug 6, 2009, 07:47 PM

Thanks Golden girl but where do you live do you know whether Diana stalder soap is sold in the UK if not how much is it in dollars? Does it usually work on only fairer skins?
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 08:40 PM
    I live in the States, but I ordered mine last year once from 2 different sellers on Ebay and the last time was from another site that I really liked, but I'll have to search for that site again and I'll post it up here. So, I'm sure you'll be able to buy it regardless of your location. I had sent in money order too, nothing over the net. With Ebay, I read there were some sellers who were selling fake Diana Stalder soaps.. so I'll look up the previous sellers where I had purchased it from and post as well since the soap worked well for me, but I used it with other stuff that both helped with the lightening process. The soap alone I doubt will lighten much if at all, but good to add to the regimine.

Diana Stalder also sells cremes and lotions too which I had purchased. But, they did nothing for me and they were extra small so they ran out too quick. So, it would be worthless even trying that again. The lotion and crème may work better on Asian skin, I don't know. I'm naturally brown skin and I used it along with the Bio Claire and then along with the Makari and it lightened me up to about 3 1/2 or 4 shades. So, as long as you have a good lightening creme/lotion, good sun block, and a good scrub (2-3 times a week) then the soap really helps remove dead skin cells and help whatever crème you use to penetrate better and faster. The price is usually around $7.75-$8 (£5.39-£5.57), depending who you purchase from. I noticed Amazon.com also sell it for $7.75 Amazon.com: Diana Stalder Papaya Kojic Soap

What the papaya kojic soap does is make the old skin peel for the first few days and works like a mild chemical peel, so it will start to sting within the 1st or 2nd week and then the sting eventually stops. I cut it into 3 pieces and use piece by piece to make it last much longer and it's easy to cut. With papaya kojic soaps you have to let it sit and dry for a couple of minutes and then rinse, so that it works good for you. I am trying this now with my black soap to see if it also works.
    davonte44 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2009, 08:37 PM

@chocobrownie... how about try research on this products... and see... just heard of it... might work for you... but do your research 1st... Lucederm,Medliten & Revitol... check them out

Aug 7, 2009, 08:43 PM

chocobrownie try visit this site for products that I recommend before Welcome to the Skin Treatment Association the Leader in Skin Care Research

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 11:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by davonte44 View Post
    chocobrownie try visit this site for products that I recommend before Welcome to the Skin Treatment Association the Leader in Skin Care Research

Thanx!
    Does MEDliten, Lucederm, and Revitol also have large enough products to help lighten the entire body?

Aug 8, 2009, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Does MEDliten, Lucederm, and Revitol also have large enough products to help lighten the entire body?
    Unfortunately they don't... I think just by checking them out online cause I still didn't even try them out so I am also wondering if people out there have tried it and the results if they can just let us no... would really be helpful
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 06:32 PM
    Some Natural Ingredients:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...ns-190905.html

"How can I lighten my skin?

There are several skin lightening products out there that claim to lighten your skin. They can baffle you with fictional science to blind you into buying their product. But remember, the only way to find out if it could be worth trying out is to check the ingredient list.

What are the ingredients I should be looking for?

Hydroquinone - Proven to be the most effective ingredient but also the most controversial.
    Hydroquinone stops the skin from producing melanin (the substance responsible for skin colour). Basic over the counter skin lightening products have a mere 2% concentration of hydroquinone. Anything higher than that must be prescribed or available from a physician.
    Hydroquinone has been linked to cancer, liver disease and other illnesses. Due to safety concerns, some countries have banned this ingredient.

Arbutin - Can be found in the leaves of several types of berry leaves (bearberry, mulberry, cranberry and blueberry) and also in many types of pears. It is known to contain Melanin-inhibiting properties although it is not yet known how much arbutin is required in a chemical formula in order to lighten skin. This is also a controversial ingredient as some fear this too has links to cancer like hydroquinone yet there have been no studies to prove its toxicity.

Kojic acid - A by-product of the fermentation process for the popular Japanese rice wine Sake. There has been extensive research carried out on the skin lightening properties of Kojic Acid and the signs are good. It has been shown that Kojic Acid is very good at inhibiting Melanin production in the skin. One drawback with this product is its instability within chemical formulae. Exposure to the sun or even air will make it turn a horrible brown colour and lose its effectiveness.

Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) – Japanese scientists discovered that the Liquorice plant contained a compound called Glabridin which when extracted from the root has very strong hyperpigmentation fading qualities. Glabridin works by restricting the oxidization activity of the melanin producing cells in the skin just as Kojic acid does. When used topically it is not toxic, does not discolour permanently and seems to be anti-inflammatory. Do not take orally as excessive intake may be toxic. Many people use this and claim it works for them, whilst many others claim it has little or no effect. As with all skin lightening products, results vary from person to person.
    Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid, ascorbic acid, and magnesium ascorbyl phosphate) – can be effective if used in conjunction with other skin lightening treatments as it has not been shown to lighten skin significantly on its own. The main reason for this is down to the manufacturers of skin lightening products using less than 5% strength Vitamin C. A small few tests have been carried out on stronger concentrations that show Vitamin C benefiting melanin production inhibition.

Tretinoin – is another treatment best used in conjunction with other treatments. Lots of research into the effects of Tretinoin has shown it has minimal effect on skin tone. Results improve drastically when used in conjunction with Sun block or Hydroquinone. I would avoid Hydroquinone and opt for Tretinoin with Sun block.

Azelaic Acid - is a fairly weak inhibitor of the oxidization in melanin producing skin cells that selectively targets overactive cells. It was originally used to treat acne and has also successfully treated postinflammatory hyperpigmentation. It is usually prescribed topically as a cream at about 20%. The effectiveness of 20% Azelaic Acid is very similar to that of 4% Hydroquinone when used to treat dark-skinned patients for facial hyperpigmentation. It can be used to very good effect with Sunscreen and/or Vitamin C.

Glycolic Acid – is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid, it is not used to specifically lighten skin as it has little or no skin lightening properties. However it is often incorporated into skin bleaching regimens as it exfoliates the skin cells clearing away dead top layer cells. If used alongside Azelaic acid, Hydroquinone or Kojic acid the theory goes that new lighter skin cells will replace the old darker top layer ones."
    MaraDara Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobrownie View Post
    I bought bio claire and fair and lovely multifairness cream about 4 days ago, the problem is I know for a fact bio claire is a topical steriod and could be harmful to young smooth skin which I have since I'm 16, I dont wannna fuk up my skin in the long term i dont want skin cancer or sme wen I'm older u know........well I've educated myself and on these harmful bleaching products but the real problem is I'm a very dark skinned black african girl like kelly rowland or darker and natrually bleaching agent like lemons dnt work lol is harmful substances the only way? I dnt want to get caramel complexion just a rich brown complexion like tatayana m. ali from Fresh prince of belair e.g medium somalian/ethopian girl skin tone.. mmm maybe not even that probably just gabrielle union's skin tone which is fair to me lol within 1-3 months preferably. I really dnt want ple to tell me to use these products and be so naive about these creams like "hydroninone's ok in small amounts" lol u dnt know what ur gonna look like in a a few years I think science knows more than you..bleach treats our melanin like and s it up! but now I'm becoming hypocritical because it feels like I can only use these bleaching creams with dark skin but why would I use it knowing possibly knowing something could happen to my skin
    should I eat my words and use bio claire? should I use fair and lovely multifairness cream even though its catered for light asian women? is ther a natural way to have that tayana m. ali brown complexion when your very dark?(
    I think someone your complexion is not going to get as light as you want using kojic acid. You will need something a little stronger.

Are you this complexion?

or this complexion?

And you are trying to become this complexion

It may be more realistic to get to this complexion

By the way, all the women pictured above, are absolutely gorgeous in my opinion. I don't know what will get you that many shades fairer. Work on evening out your skin tone, using the kojic acid, vitamin c mix and also, start eating more organic and maybe take some MSM. That will brighten up and even out your complexion. Outside of that, I'm not sure what you can do.

Aug 12, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraDara View Post
    I think someone your complexion is not going to get as light as you want using kojic acid. You will need something a little stronger.

Are you this complexion?

or this complexion?

and you are trying to become this complexion

It may be more realistic to get to this complexion

By the way, all the women pictured above, are absolutely gorgeous in my opinion. I don't know what will get you that many shades fairer. Work on evening out your skin tone, using the kojic acid, vitamin c mix and also, start eating more organic and maybe take some MSM. That will brighten up and even out your complexion. Outside of that, I'm not sure what you can do.
    Thanks for the pics maradara I am the same skin tone as bria myles and I want get the same complexion as Iman or the chick with the book my skin tone is really even so just
    Lightning part after,my horible experience with bio claire I don't want to use harsh stuff but with skin tone like mine is hydroqine the only way to effectively LIGHTEN my skin? I'm sick of wearing cake orange make-up lol but I can't use harsh stuff is there an effective natrual ingredients I could use Im going to the dermatologist soon I hope he want jude cause I'm yung!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 03:44 PM
    I love Kenya Moore, she is so beautiful
    zo3_786 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Brownchoc you can buy the diana stalder papaya and kojic acid soap fron eBay, I'm based in the uk and that's were I purchased mine from. I woudnt say its cheap though,also I would suggest you not bother with the fair and lovely IT DOES NOT WORK! Believe me you would only be wasting yout time,my mum used it for over 4months with no results what so ever!
    erickab Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2009, 11:45 PM
    U cannot change what God has given you, unless you want to run the risk of damaging the nature tone and texture of your skin. Especially with your age, you do not want to do this. I am a dark-skinned women, and I understand that you have to love the skin that you are in. Believe me, if you start putting chemicals on your skin, your skin will never be the same. Acne, uneven tone, etc. can all result from using chemicals on beautiful black skin. Why do you feel a need to be lighter? Society, girls in magazines, boys? Either reason, accept you for you! Think about this, do you want to stay your pretty chocolate color with healthy skin, or be a few shades lighter with damaged skin? Not worth the money, trouble, and potential heartache!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lighting - Bio Claire & African Queen MJ Skin Crème [ 7 Answers ]

I started using Bio Claire for 2 months , in the beginning I got lighten like I would say 2 shades. I am Indian, I have light brown - Medium Skin. My skin tone was even and it glowed. I use the Bio Claire all over my body and face. I had started with my body first cause I didn't want my face to...

Do White men like dark skin black women? [ 40 Answers ]

I ask this question because I live in New York and I see a lot of black women with white men recently. I think it is great because you would only see black men with white women. It seems as though some white men like dark skin women more than black men. But hey the interracial relationships is a...

Bio Claire turns acne into black spots! [ 9 Answers ]

At first I didn't want to believe it but it is! Every time I get a new bump its red then after a day or two, its turns into a black spot and now both of my cheeks have all these little black marks on it! IM SO FREAKIN MAD BECAUSE BIO CLAIRE LOTION GOT ME SO FREAKIN LIGHT AND NOW ITS MESSING MY...

Dyeing hair from dark black brown to dark blond [ 1 Answers ]

Hello guys my hair is kind dark brown black I tried dying it with loreal with golden brown long time ago and some other colors I don't remember lol but doesn't turn out what I want to be but its OK. I always dye my hair by myself so always ready for the results and its OK can't complain. But...

View more questions Search