Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary79 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Aug 6, 2009, 04:09 PM
    Can I sue C.P.S.
    If you have not read my post, i think it weill help you better understand where I am comming from. It is titled "RELINQUISHED rights...need to know of child".

Okay so I have been thinking and talking about this whole situation. And someone told me that C.P.S failed me and my children and i should sue them. In my post I wrote about how I wanted to spank my daughter and told the worker so. Well i had recently been diagonosed as bipolar an depressed that year. So CPS told me I needed to get some kind of parant shadowing counseling to help me to know how to deal with the moods when dealing with my childrens behavior. I tried to contact the therapist a few times and me and her sort of played phone tag. Then my girls got taken and I never got the therapy they said they would provide. I hate to seem selfish here but I was told that when there is a victim of abuse, the relatives or parents closest to the child suffer as well. Even though it did not happen to them, the fact that this is your child and they have been hurt affects you in a way as if you were the victim also. Thing is that this is exactly how I felt. My babies were hurt and I just couldn't deal with it. I'm ashamed to admit I wasn't that strong mother most children are blessed to have. Well CPS was very cold toward me. There are so many parents out there who hurt their kids and CPS allows them to get their kids back. So why not me? I sought their help as well as the police and nobody helped. The men who hurt my kids were never pursued. They are free. All I got was a big kick in the A**.

Is there a way to fight them. Sue them? I know this is the state here, so is there people out their with enough knowledge and the courage to go against the system? How do you find them? Can I sue for money? I ask only because I am not financially able to pay a lawyer for such a fight and if it was possible I'd be intrested in sueing for money so i can pay the lawyer. My main goal would be to try to win my daughter back and get financialy compensated. I don't want to take my 2 kids away from where they are. they are happy and moving on. They have a good life and want to be there. But the one child still in the system i would like to fight for. I was told that if I joined the military, they can help with legal services. I am 30 so i can still join. I would leave my baby and the one on the way with their father and just go, if this is a fact, and they do help. Does anyone know the answers to any of these questions. I'm willing to get the media involved, only if it would help. I am willing to do what it takes and make any changes to my life for it.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 04:14 PM

I tried suing and nobody wants to take on CPS they seem to be above the law. I even went to major newspaper in my area as well as lawyers. When I mentioned CPS and my caseworkers and public defender they couldn't get me out the door fast enough.

Joining the military, especially if you do not have somebody CPS would deem okay to watch your children would actually more likely work against you especially if your job requirements involved travel and/or being deployed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search