Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Aug 6, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Is it okay to wear jeans with casual leather shoes?
    http://http://anthonyvillanueva.com/...L%20BROGUE.jpg

I want to wear this with a shirt with short sleeves. They have brown shoe laces and the material is a little darker, but this should give you a good idea.

The occasion is showing my friend from Canada around my city. Please tell me if I can wear these things and in these combination. This is quite important for me, I almost never wear casual, so I don't know what people wear these days... Coincidentally, her brother is my business partner AND I haven't seen her for ages so I want to make a very good impression and I might want to take the relationship a little further (please don't call me naive)

Thanks!
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 6, 2009, 02:35 PM

Assuming the jeans are blue it would be fine,black jeans would clash.

I wear black jeans with black leather shoes look good to me.
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Aug 6, 2009, 02:44 PM

Yeah, they should be blue... I always wear blue jeans... do they have to be light? I prefer dark(er) blue.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 6, 2009, 03:03 PM

Don't have to be , lightier would be better

Listen to me fashion advise

I have picked a few G.Q. books up!!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 07:48 PM

I love leather and jeans
    I agree lighter (faded) jeans look best with leather.
    But darker is fine just so they don't look stiff.

Your link isn't working for me
    jennnaaaay Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Aug 15, 2009, 12:39 AM

Ughh brown is a neutral. Meaning it goes with EVERYTHING even black.
    Dark jeans are the best investment because you can dress them up or down depending on the shirt and accessories chosen. Light jeans are OK but tend to look cheap unless incredibly well constructed. Also light jeans tend to look better on darker complexions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to wear with SKINNY jeans [ 18 Answers ]

Today I bought two pairs of colored skinny jeans, a white pair and a denim pair. The only problem is what shoes should I wear with them? I want to wear them with something other than heels and boots, any ideas? :cool:

Leather Jeans [ 3 Answers ]

Is it cool for a 33 year old bloke to wear leather jeans? I want to buy a pair but need advice. Is it stylish? Or a fashion no no?

What shoes to wear? [ 5 Answers ]

This is a link to the dress that I want to get. I just don't know what shoes to wear with it. It's a black and white banquet but I'm not sure what shoes (type and color) to wear. Help! http://www.lulus.com/products/Kennedy+Halter+Dress+in+Black/9645.html Oh, and 5'7 so I don't want to wear heels...

What shoes to wear with my dress? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I have to go to a wedding so I bought a dark teal bubble dress that ends right before my knees. I didn't really want to wear heels, but if those are the best shoes for the dress I will. Also, on the straps there are some type of wooden beads, so I was thinking brown shoes. I'm not really good...

View more questions Search