Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NancyCD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 02:11 PM
    CAF Number
    Is there a published list of CAF numbers assigned by the IRS? If not, is there a way to find an individual CAF number?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 7, 2009, 07:03 AM
    If you are the owner of the CAF number, you can get it from the IRS. Otherwise, it is protected by privacy laws.
    NancyCD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 10:46 AM

Thank you for your help. I am located in WI. Do you know offhand whether I would mail my request to OAMC in Ogden Utah? Or where I can find the required information needed to submit this request?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 08:43 AM
    Unsure; check the IRS website at Internal Revenue Service.
    mack20007 Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Aug 10, 2009, 11:57 AM

To get your CAF no, you must apply for one using F 2848 or F 8821. This as you may know is when you apply to get authorization on file with the IRS to speak or act on behalf of a taxpayer. Its not issued for any other reason. Each form has an address and/or fax to send it in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Five times a number less 3 is 32.What is twice the number? [ 1 Answers ]

Five times a number less 3is 32.What is twice the number?

Prove that there is infinte rational number between two rational number? [ 2 Answers ]

Prove that there is infinite rational number between two rational number?

Someone has my account number and routing number [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone withdraw money from my account if they have my account number and routing number?

Number pad [ 1 Answers ]

How can get my number pad to work again? I have no idea how I shut it off to begin with. I have a Dell running Windows XP.

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

View more questions Search