Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lsilva87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 09:19 AM
    half-life equation?
    what is the half-life equation for a muon (unstable particle that spontaniously decays)?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 09:43 AM

According to this site (http://www.lbl.gov/abc/cosmic/SKliew...Rays/Muons.htm), muons have a half life of

The equation therefore is

Where 'n' is the number of '2.2' micro second which has passed from the start of the decomposition process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Half Cartoon Half Real Life [ 3 Answers ]

What is the movie, that a boy goes in his closet or something and he turns cartoon, and he drives a red car around?

Half-life equation [ 5 Answers ]

Radium-226 has a half life of 1660 years.How many years does it take a radium sample to decay to 55% of the original amount. Round to the nearest year. Please help me set up this equation!

Folding paper in Half twelve times equation explain [ 12 Answers ]

I read how a girl named Britney folded something in half 12 times. And the equation she used was: L= (pi * t/6)(2^n + 4)(2^n - 1) (You can check the equation here, just in case I typed it wrong Folding Paper in Half Twelve Times) How I'm I suppose to use it to help me when I try to hold...

Half life [ 1 Answers ]

Half life has an easy answer... what's the definition?:confused:

Half-life questions. Equation included. Where do I plug the infotmaion into the eq? [ 1 Answers ]

1. Choosing an isotope where the half life is given in days calculate what percentage of a sample would remain after 5 days. 2. For an isotope where the half life is in years how much would be left after 100 years? 3. For an isotope where the half life is in hours, how much would be left after...

View more questions Search