Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    netgezgini Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 09:14 AM
    H4 application
    I currently work with my OPT and my H1B was approved. I will start to work with my H1B in October. My girl friend is not in U.S. and she applied for F1 visa but her application was denied twice. Now I plan to go to my country in October, get married with her and get a H4 for her so she can come here. I only wonder if they can deny H4 application too or is it 100% certain to get H4? Can these 2 denial affect H4 application?

Note: all documents were legal for F1 application, she was accepted by university here, I don't know why they denied her.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Aug 6, 2009, 09:56 AM

She should get the H-4. if you have the H-1B and you are married, not too much discretion for CONOFF to deny. The H allows for dual intent.

The most common reason for F-1 denial is inability to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent under section 214(b) and financial support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is ITIN application and tax refund application different? [ 2 Answers ]

I applied for ITIN with my tax return this year. Do I need to apply again for my tax return separately or tax return application with ITIN is sufficient?

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application? [ 1 Answers ]

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application?

Application to accelerate & application to revoke [ 14 Answers ]

Application to accelerate and application to revoke? What are the different. :cool:

Job application [ 15 Answers ]

When the job application asks" Are you a convicted felon" what do you say?

View more questions Search