Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HauntingMemory Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 07:59 AM
    Early 90's animation: boy transforms into ghost?
    I have this very vague memory of what I think is a Halloween-themed movie/short from the late 80's/early 90's. I remember renting it on VHS a long time ago. Searching keywords usually turns up with The Halloween Tree (1993) and after watching this, I don't think this is it. All I can remember is that it's about a boy who becomes ghostly/evil somehow (it seems like it was a gradual transformation). I don't remember anything about other kids like in The Halloween Tree.

The one visual memory I have is of a boy walking alone at night from left to right of the screen, on a sidewalk (I think alongside urban buildings) and climbing up one (perhaps an apartment?) into his window.

I got all excited when I heard about The Halloween Tree because it seems so similar but I don't think that's quite it.

It doesn't seem like it was a full-length feature... any ideas?

Thanks. This has been haunting me for years.
    mrtwobit Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Aug 6, 2009, 11:24 AM

Sounds more like a video game from Apogee. Like Commander Keen or Duke Nuk'em.

I've still got one somewhere where the character walks left to right, climbs buildings, goes into windows... etc.

Just a thought
    HauntingMemory Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 11:31 AM
    No, it's not a game. Speaking of, though, I recently discovered an old game I had been looking for, which happens to be from Apogee: Word Rescue.

It's definitely an animation, not a video game.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early 90's show about a pirate ghost [ 3 Answers ]

This has been driving me nuts for a while: Does anyone remember the title of a show, late 80's/early 90's, only last one year, where a guy buys or inherits a house in the Caribbean and discovers it is haunted by the ghost of a black pirate. The two team up, the living guy dresses up and pretends...

80's/90's animation movie? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been trying to think of this movie for a while now. I saw this movie when I was very young, not sure if it was late 80's or early 90's. I don't have many details of the movie - I only remember a few things. I believe this movie is NOT the Pagemaster - but here we go on the...

Oriental 80's or 90's animation! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I'm trying to find a cartoon/film I think it was late 80's early 90's. All I can remember was that it had an oriental look to it and there was this little girl/princess that came out of the middle of an opening flower. I think she may have been impisoned in it I'm not sure. I think there may...

Animation movie of the 90's or 80's [ 1 Answers ]

All I remember from the movie is that there were two small tiny fairies, one slim pink fairy and the other one, old and plump blue fairy... It wasn't an asian movie or anything.. I just can't remember anything else, and its been killing me for ages... if by any miracle you can help, I'll love...

90's or early 00's, sci-fi animation title [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a movie title. I don't remember much but here's what I recall: I'm pretty positive it's an animation, certainly sci-fi. There's a group of people (soldiers?), going through an abandoned city (new york?), looking for sth. They are trying not to be seen (or maybe fighting)...

View more questions Search