Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheytooon2049 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 07:58 AM
    Bio claire acne ?
    Hi all! I am new here and this is my first post. I was wondering... was there anyone on this site who HAS NOT had a bad reaction from bio claire... SPECIFIALLY with acne on the face. Also to the people who have gotten terrible skin breakouts on the face, was it cystic acne... blackheads or regular pimples, and how intense was it?. and please state your race/ethnicity :)

I am very scared actually... of the breakouts, and I have read that it may contain harmful ingredients... is there a website that actually states that this product is harmful, because it is hard to believe that if this product contains harmful ingredients that it is still on the market.

I do not want to get that white... as I am jessica albas color... but I would like to know the first paragragh question
    Thanks a ton! :cool:
    UltraSparks Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 11:37 AM
    I've used the bioclaire cream that comes in the jar on my face, and I broke out like crazy especially across the forehead within a week... btw I am asian.

Aug 6, 2009, 01:07 PM

Hey ultra sparks thanks for answering that,, the pimples were BLACKHEADS?. AHHH those are the hardest to get rid of!.

SO IF YOU Don't MIND ME ASKING... WHAT DO YOU USE NOW? Still BC?. just not the cream? Did you get lighter?
    UltraSparks Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 01:34 PM
    Not blackheads but just normal pimples which left marks after subsiding. I didn't see much results with bioclaire because I had to stop using it after few days when I saw large amounts of pimples forming. Currently I'm using dermabright, which I bought couple of months ago but for some reason rosaskincare has stopped selling dermabright.

Aug 6, 2009, 02:45 PM

Hey hun! Thanks for the info... I am middle eastern by the way... lol here's a tip for you... try gluta C from funcky mommy, it lightened me... and got rid of all my pimples... its great! I guess I bought bio claire because I wanted something more extreme. With asian skin... I it might be more oilier than most... therefore prone to acne,
    Wish me luck... and same to you!! :)
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 10:09 PM
    I never had acne from using Bio Claire on my face, but my body it burned and didn't lighten at all. It did lighten my face though. I have a bit of it left now, so I hope to find something else soon. I have also used Makari which lightened well, but did give me an occasional pimple or 2.

Aug 7, 2009, 01:40 PM

Really? Your lucky golden girl. Hopefully I don't get any pimples... did you use the cream in a tube or lotion for your face? Sorry to hear about your body burning... hope all is well now! :)
    Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 12:35 AM
    The Bio Claire didn't show any visible burns on my legs, but my legs felt burned. But, since I used it longer on my upper arms it had turned them bright red and then real dark. Even after the skin peeled it didn't get lighter but was still dark. The Makari did remove the burned skin and it is back to normal color.
    mysterious5 Posts: 50, Reputation: 7

Aug 8, 2009, 02:13 PM
    Hey chica, I'm a black girl. Maybe about a shade darker than the actress meagan good. And I used bioclaire the one in the tube only on my face. It worked super good, my skin was damn near flawless. But then the pimples came, they were regular pimples but left dark marks after went away and they were everywhere. The marks are just about gone now, I had to use a lot of microdermabration. And you turn back to your color after you stop using it. Good luck!
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterious5 View Post
    hey chica, i'm a black girl. maybe about a shade darker than the actress meagan good. and i used bioclaire the one in the tube only on my face. it worked super good, my skin was damn near flawless. but then the pimples came, they were regular pimples but left dark marks after went away and they were everywhere. the marks are just about gone now, i had to use a lot of microdermabration. and you turn back to your color after you stop using it. good luck!
    Mysterious5 can I ask which microbermabrasion you use? Is it the one from Avon?
    mysterious5 Posts: 50, Reputation: 7

Aug 9, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Mysterious5 can I ask which microbermabrasion you use? Is it the one from Avon?
    I used Roc microdermabration pads. Pretty damn expensive for just like 20 or so pads. But it did work pretty well. My little brown spots started to fade in like 2 weeks. I think chemical peels might be better though for lightening.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 05:09 PM
    The roc microdermabration pads sound pretty good, I'll have to check how much they cost. Maybe around the same price as the Avon microdermabrasion but it's kind of pricy too. I want to try the chemical peels too to help lighten. I read they can even help permanently lighten but might mess up brown skin and may cause hyperpigmentation. But, I think you start with the light chemical pel and work your way up and go to a professional, it may be more effective with good results compared to starting at a high concentration.. but it's just my guess.

Aug 10, 2009, 09:44 AM
    Hey girlies! Thanks for that reply myterious... yea it's been about 5 days since my use with bioclaire, and guesssss what!? I lightened about a shade!! I am sooo happy! However I just put the cream mix on everywhere except my forehead... because I really don't want pimples there lol.
    Also I found one pimple on my cheek! :( this is I think going to go down hill from here,, so what I will do is just just the lotion mixed with the oil. Is this still effantee pimples as well?efective or will this guruntee pimples as well? Thanks you!

Hey girlies! Thanks for that reply myterious... yea it's been about 5 days since my use with bioclaire, and guesssss what!? I lightened about a shade!! I am sooo happy! However I just put the cream mix on everywhere except my forehead... because I really don't want pimples there lol.
    Also I found one pimple on my cheek! :( this is I think going to go down hill from here,, so what I will do is just just the lotion mixed with the oil. Is this still effantee pimples as well?efective or will this guruntee pimples as well? Thanks you!

Aug 10, 2009, 09:47 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh i have no idea why this occurred lol! It's like 5 times there!! Lol... i am still a

Newbie guys!! v lol
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheytooon2049 View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i have NO IDEA WHY THIS OCCURED LOL!! IT'S LIKE 5 TIMES THERE!!! LOL... I AM STILL A

NEWBIE GUYS!!!V LOL
    Lol... :p that's funny, but welcome Sheytooon2049. Well the forehead can be tricky then, because if you apply it on your forehead you may get acne. And if you don't apply it there but everywhere else on your face for a length of time, your face will be light and your forehead will be noticeably darker. Do you also apply the bio claire oil on your face? This will incread the chances of your pores becoming clogged. I think some people get acne from Bio Claire because one of their main ingredients is mineral oil.

Aug 11, 2009, 06:29 AM
    LOL thanks ;) yea long time ago I got real bad acne on my forehead... like tiny bumps looked like hundreads of em'. So I am staying away from that area. For the bio claire I mix the cream and oiland put it on my face in the morning and at night, but for the afternoon I use the oil and creamm mixture. Yea the main ingredient is mineral oil, which sucks! I wish the'd take that ingredient out!
    How many shades did you lighten with BC? What was your regime like?
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 02:02 PM
    When I first startied using it last year, I lightened about 1 1/5 shades in about a month, then I had switched to makari that lightened me about 2 shades. So I was around 3-4 shades lighter I believe. But, I don't know precisely because I don't have a chart to go by or anything, so this is my estimate. Now, I have redarkened but still about 1 or 1 1/5 shades lighter than originally. Makari breaks people out a lot too, even with the night cream (the one I used). My guess would be because it's made with all hydrogenated oils which isn't good in the long run either. Yeah the mineral oil will definitely cog your pores and break the face out. Bio Claire uses it because it's the cheapest of oil. Now I'm back on bio claire but only at nights, along with black soap and microderm abrasion. So, you can say I'm maintaining what little results I have left until I hopefully find something that cost less and works really well. Here's my before and after photos. Now the after photo I took with my cell phone so I wasn't that light nor pink! My camera erased more of the color from the photo. But I was about 1 shade darker than the after pict and more yellow undertones to the skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using acne home remedy and a store acne product at the same time. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok,Is it bad to use fresh garlic to try to cure acne while using an over the counter top product called clearsil ultra daily face wash?:rolleyes:

Can you mix Bio Claire Cream with bio claire lotion ? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you mix Bio Claire Skin Lightening Cream in Tube with bio claire lotion to work faster.

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Bio Claire turns acne into black spots! [ 9 Answers ]

At first I didn't want to believe it but it is! Every time I get a new bump its red then after a day or two, its turns into a black spot and now both of my cheeks have all these little black marks on it! IM SO FREAKIN MAD BECAUSE BIO CLAIRE LOTION GOT ME SO FREAKIN LIGHT AND NOW ITS MESSING MY...

View more questions Search