Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stay white Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 06:45 PM

Wow girl that's a big difference looks good, is it the bio claire and the makari that did that or were you using something else before that
    sheytooon2049 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 07:16 AM
    Wow golden girl! That looks amazing!! I never heard of makira products, is that also you in the aviator pic? It's kind of hard to tell :)
    N e how I think you look beautiful also in the before picture as well! What is your nationality.. indian? And yo your lips are gorgeous!! How did you get the pigment back? Maybe you missed days using it or stayed out in the sun? I wish you luck in your progress , and by the way your skin looks good! Like no breackouts lol
    Thanks for that pic to show me! K.I.T!
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 03:35 PM
    Thanks guys, your so sweet! ;) You just made my day!

Bio claire gave me some results, then I switched to Makari night cream which really lightened me up. The after pic I was a shade darker than that and had more golden undertone with it. The pic was with my camera so it made me look more pale. The only things I used before it was the Body bleach in 06', which didn't work at all. And also the Diana Stalder crème and lotion, which also this not work and the jars are too small. I tried for 2 weeks using lemon, but it just eventually made my skin sting too much and no lightening. I think that only works if you are already naturally fair and got sunburned.

Within a month there was much difference, and by the 2nd month was a big difference. I used the bio claire for a month and the makari for about 4 months. Both with the papaya kojic soap, then the l-glutathione soap. I used the neutrogena sunblock which helped a lot. Also everyothernight I used the St. Ive's Apricot scrub which I think helped prevent most breakouts. That's not me in the avatar, that's my fav singer Sade. I thought it was interesting after I had lightened a lot of people were telling me I looked a lot like her. But if I could reach and maintain her complexion affordably I would be so excited. I would also be just as happy if I maintained the whole body at Beyonce's or Tyra's complexion. I'm not east Indian, I'm black American and my grandmom is Cherokee.

I had redarkened because it was getting too pricey to continue paying for the makari, as my I was lighteneding more areas of my body each month. So, I had mostly redarkened and am about 1 shade lighter than my original complexion. My aunt's say my complexion now looks similar to polynesian's complexion. And now I'm back on the bio claire once at night, black soap, avon microdermabrasion, and sunblock. So my acne spots are getting lighter and I'm acne free. I'm almost finished with the BC and hope not to return because though they can give you results, they are too sketchy with their ingredients and I don't think it's the safest. And makari night crème had put stretch marks o the inner part of my arms. So, they both seem to come with strings attached.

I was fortunate that my skin didn't really breakout from the makari, only a pimple or 2 once in awhile which cleared up with me putting toothpaste on it. But, I have read that a lot of people's skin brokeout from using it.

I'm trying to consider what to use next that works very well and won't put a whole in my pockets.

Aug 12, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Hey hunnie bunny! Thanks sooo much for all the information that your giving out! It is helping me a lot. I think I will look into those makari products... they seem fabulous,, maybe I'll just use it on my arms or something,, n e who yeaaaaa you kind of looked like sade in that pic, the color and face structure. hopefully though you'll reach her color, how did you deal with the strecth marks in your arms?? Are the gone? Whew! That's crazy!
    Also can you tell me from which website you purchased your BC products from? I got mine from somem site called the beauty of newyork or something. Where do you purchase yours?
    Yes I plan not to be on BC very long,, some days I wake up looking sooo pale and white, but today I woke up yellow and sallow..! What! What's up with that lol
    Since the ingrediants may contain harmful ingrediants I will probably only stay on it for another month. I have tried everything too under the sun... including the body bleach lol!. but you know what really got people saying to me "wow you look lighter?. it was that cream called XTREAM WHITE... and actually I don't know why I stopped using it! But maybe I should try that again,, it worked prtty gooood! And was cheap like 20 bucks. And e whooo I am ranting again...
    Have a good one! :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheytooon2049 View Post
    hey hunnie bunny!! thanx sooo much for all the information that your giving out! it is helping me alot. i think i will look into those makari products... they seem fabulous,,, maybe i'll just use it on my arms or something,,, n e who yeaaaaa you kinda looked like sade in that pic,, the color and face structure.! hopefully though you'll reach her color, how did you deal with the strecth marks in your arms??? are the gone? whew! thats crazy!!
    also can you tell me from which website you purchased your BC products from? i got mine from somem site called the beauty of newyork or something. where do you purchase yours?
    yes i plan not to be on BC very long,,,, some days i wake up looking sooo pale and white,, but today i woke up yellow and sallow...!!! ! whats up with that lol
    since the ingrediants may contain harmful ingrediants i will probly only stay on it for another month. i have tried everything too under the sun... including the body bleach lol!!!... but u know what really got people saying to me "wow u look lighter?.... it was that cream called XTREAM WHITE.... and actually i dunno why i stoped using it! but maybe i should try that again,,, it worked prtty gooood! and was cheap like 20 bucks. n e whooo i am ranting again...
    have a good one! :)

Lol... glad to be of good help! I try to be open with my experiences... the good and the bad. If you order from Makari, try not to order the caviar cream because that's how people had many bad breakouts from using that kind as it is for older, very dry skin, and it contains fish extracts. I had success from using the night cream and I used it morning and at night. It is quite oily, so whenever I got a pimple (and they were big) I used the tooth paste treatment and even used the facial mask stuff as a spot treatment over night to help it go down. I like the night cream because it's the largest and lightens a lot. I have read on other forums that some people had success also mixing the makari lightening lotion w/ the day cream, and gave them fewer breakouts. But, that is more costly and I have not mixed products before out of fear that it would lose potency. There's a 10% discount you can get that I can send if you want. I first ordered from them when their was a 25% or 30% special, something like that. If you use it on your arms, try to avoid the inner fold of the elbows as much as you can, because that's how the marks came for me. But, yes they have faded a little. I have to figure a way to make them fade as much as possible.

I heard of Xtream white but know little about it. What are the ingredients? I'll have to check into that. I purchased the BC at the beauty store in my area. Yeah BC works strange like that. One day your light, next day you're a different color.. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Also, it's hard to maintain with it because the skin will redarken quick, with or without sunblock.

I remember when I was getting so light I had so many different reactions.. lol! Especially from family. People were saying my eyes looked like Sade's, it came by surprise. All my aunties wanted to know what I was using (I said black soap and sunblock... :D), everyone said I was light skinned now and some looked at me strange and had attitude. But, when I went to the store or something, I received way more attention and more dates... which is pretty sad because it's only additional proof how society really is. Personally, I believe brown skin and dark skin is beautiful. But, I received enough discrimination and ready for the tables to turn. So, everyone should be able to look how they want to look and I'm happy to share my experiences with everybody.

Aug 13, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Your such a sweet and kind person... really! :) I have yet to go to makari website, because I am out of a job, and I don't want to look at a great product I can't buy :( but maybe today I will check it out :)
    So I am on the hunt right now to look for a job,, I hope Yahoo hot jobs work (fingers cross) lol
    I know what you mean by getting maybe better attention or feeling more surperior if one has a whiter/lighter or brighter complexion. In iran where I am from, the colors range tremendously... just like in the african american community. Some in iran are white as ghost with blond hair blue eyes, and some look afrikan, and some are like me like a beige complextion. But we never see these people on TV, we always see the lighter ones... which may make us feel insecure. So we must try to love ourselves,, and I am a big hypocrite, but it's true we should try. But now I feel like it has become sort of like an addiction, without my daily routine of putting creams on my body, I feel like somethings missing.

Whew! N e whooo don't try the xtreme cream if you don't like hydroquinone, that is it's main ingrediant, but if you don't mind give it a try!. DS didn't work for u? That's what I am using now on my forehead,, hasn't changed much lol

Yea the skin looking bright one day a sallow the next is kind of weird... ahhh, and I just came back from iran from vacation, and now I am super darkk... my arms... this is going to be a long journey lol

Don't worry about the people givving you an attitude they're all haters lol... but the thing about getting more dates and attention is really painful. To be honest I kind of received the exact oppisite attention, over three years I went from a dark tanned color... tanned like a phillipino, to sade's or jessica alba color,, how ever I still receive attention today, I received way more attention when I was bronze girlie! Y I don't know lol
    During winter I am sure we'll get at least two shades lighter... lol since they'll be no sun :)
    Thanks for all your help again!! :)
    Keep on lightning :D

Aug 13, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Your such a sweet and kind person... really! :) I have yet to go to makari website, because I am out of a job, and I don't want to look at a great product I can't buy :( but maybe today I will check it out :)
    So I am on the hunt right now to look for a job,, I hope Yahoo hot jobs work (fingers cross) lol
    I know what you mean by getting maybe better attention or feeling more surperior if one has a whiter/lighter or brighter complexion. In iran where I am from, the colors range tremendously... just like in the african american community. Some in iran are white as ghost with blond hair blue eyes, and some look afrikan, and some are like me like a beige complextion. But we never see these people on TV, we always see the lighter ones... which may make us feel insecure. So we must try to love ourselves,, and I am a big hypocrite, but it's true we should try. But now I feel like it has become sort of like an addiction, without my daily routine of putting creams on my body, I feel like somethings missing.

Whew! N e whooo don't try the xtreme cream if you don't like hydroquinone, that is it's main ingrediant, but if you don't mind give it a try!. DS didn't work for u? That's what I am using now on my forehead,, hasn't changed much lol

Yea the skin looking bright one day a sallow the next is kind of weird... ahhh, and I just came back from iran from vacation, and now I am super darkk... my arms... this is going to be a long journey lol

Don't worry about the people givving you an attitude they're all haters lol... but the thing about getting more dates and attention is really painful. To be honest I kind of received the exact oppisite attention, over three years I went from a dark tanned color... tanned like a phillipino, to sade's or jessica alba color,, how ever I still receive attention today, I received way more attention when I was bronze girlie! Y I don't know lol
    During winter I am sure we'll get at least two shades lighter... lol since they'll be no sun :)
    Thanks for all your help again!! :)
    Keep on lightning :D

Aug 13, 2009, 11:52 AM

I don't know WHY!! IS GO DOUBLE AGAIN!! WHY LORD! LOL
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 02:23 PM
    I understand about the job situation. I'm a freelancer and business isn't exactly booming these days.. good luck on your job search ;)! I'm still considering if I should use the hydroquinone products or not. It seems like everything else is crazy expensive and overpriced, exploiting their customers when to make the product is much less. Makari is overpriced, but it me lightened well. So be careful with it since lots of people have broken out from it with acne!

I don't feel more superior with lighter complexion. I think everyone should be happy, whether they change it or not. I wouldn't ever tell a darker person to lighten, nor vice versa. Nor would I ever scorn someone who is darker or lighter, that would be a grave sin :( . I just think now that we all should be happy in our skin, whether we keep it or alter it. So I know many of us come here for similar reasons, and I like to give my advice and what worked for me and also learned what worked for other people. I just got tiered of the discrimination of colorism and felt I shoudn't have to suffer for it for life. From being discriminated against about my original color... including from some other blacks. I got tiered of dealing with situations with my color being the target (verbally and how I was treated) whether it was job-related, dating, even with my ex's family being "colorists" and I was given hell.

I agree, I do think it is a form of addiction just as applying relaxers to change the hair structure, tanning, and change in hair color consistently can become addictions. But, as humans we all try to alter ourselves one way or another. I think it is good to understand why we want the change it and will it make us happy. Or we can tolerate society and embrace the skin were in. Personally, I do feel more attractive when lighter, and I know society has a big role in that. And there are also many very beautiful dark-toned women out there that I believe looks much more beautiful darker and should not lighten like Naomi Cambell, Alek Wek, Lauryn Hill, Jennifer Hudson, Ajuma, etc.

Aug 14, 2009, 07:02 AM
    hey hun! Yes, I had a job at macy's but I went overse for over a month so they told me if I wanted the job back I'd have to to does all the computer work and everything over again, and that I'll be stuck in the juniors deparmtment and not in my regular intimate apparal depart. So I turned it down. So yes, hopefully it will work out and hopefully buiseness gets better for
    you as well :)
    yes I know what you mean, people in one form or another try to alter their appearance whether it be tanning extensions, surgery, etc, but as long as the person is happy I figure all is OK. Now I feel more attractive with whiter/lighter skin as well... but their was a time where... omg!. I used to go tanning!! Like whenever the sun was out... I wanted to be dark... and now it is the oppisite. I guess it just depends on the situation lol.
    personally I find nothing wrong with hydroquinone,, but I did hear of bad stories like people getting burnt from it and etc, but it has never happened to me, maybe because I only used a 2%,, this percentage is over the counter and doctors also say it's the most effective lightner... sooo who knows lol how I am going to LAS VEGASSSS TOMARRRO... = more sun= more tan... :( but that's OK... I will have fun and enjoy myself before schoool starts and partay!
    have a good one girlie :)
    any
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Lol... I know that's right, have fun in Vegas. From what I have been reading, many people who use Hq abuses it in different ways. Some by applying it around 4 times daily, using very high doses and for longer periods, and even many products that contain Hq are adulterated with mercury, steroids, lead, and who knows what else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using acne home remedy and a store acne product at the same time. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok,Is it bad to use fresh garlic to try to cure acne while using an over the counter top product called clearsil ultra daily face wash?:rolleyes:

Can you mix Bio Claire Cream with bio claire lotion ? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you mix Bio Claire Skin Lightening Cream in Tube with bio claire lotion to work faster.

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Bio Claire turns acne into black spots! [ 9 Answers ]

At first I didn't want to believe it but it is! Every time I get a new bump its red then after a day or two, its turns into a black spot and now both of my cheeks have all these little black marks on it! IM SO FREAKIN MAD BECAUSE BIO CLAIRE LOTION GOT ME SO FREAKIN LIGHT AND NOW ITS MESSING MY...

View more questions Search