Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ah1661 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 06:54 AM
    Half-life of hydrocodone 7.5/325
    I take only 1 7.5/325 hydrocodone and 2 5 mg flexaril like every other day (not every day and not usually more than 1 a day)... how long should I wait to take a drug test for a part time job? How long does it stay in my system?

Aug 6, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Hello, Yes I do have prescriptions for these meds. I just don't want the results to keep me from getting this part time job. I would rather hold off a few days and get the job... I have gone as much as 2-3 days and not needed to take any meds for my pain. Thanks you for your help
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 07:43 AM

You take the bottles or the prescription from the doctor to the drug test with you and SHOW them PRIOR to the test that they are by the doctors order.

Aug 6, 2009, 09:34 AM

Thank You so much for your help...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 09:36 AM
    First no you don't stop taking medications, you provide the tester with a list of any prescription drugs you take.

Aug 6, 2009, 09:39 AM
    OK... Thanks so much..
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Aug 6, 2009, 01:24 PM

Actually I am talking about it because I administer drug and alcohol tests. And it is a violation to discuss with test giver or employer. You can only discuess it with the medical review officer. This is a national standard and is covered under the h.i.p.p.a. laws... maybe you guys hould understand what you are saying befofre offering advice.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 01:38 PM

siberianair disagrees: do not take bottles or meds with you... because of hippa that is a violation of the law. The only person that can know what you take is you and the companies m.r.o. medical review officer. It is illegal to for anyone else to ask.

Siber
    I HAVE to agree with Excon NOW you REALLY Do not understand the LAW. The proper procedure is PROVING your prescription meds.

You can not do HIPAA on yourself
    What a clown is right.
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Aug 6, 2009, 01:43 PM

You have to prove it to the m.r.o. and no one else. They have to than verify it with the doctors office and revieve verbal and written confimation of the drug. They will than post the test as passed and not failed. The empployer has no knowledge of what has taken place. The tester does not know what you take and if they do there is nothing they can do about it.
    Forms no longer have sections for you to write your drugs down. You are told to just keep a list foryourself if something comes up and discuss it with the m.r.o...
    Period!!
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 01:44 PM

You have to prove it prior to the testing whoever it is you have to tell.
    You are seriously misleading people with your 'legal' advice.

Also if you are in the field why did you miss spell HIPAA????????

Go back to your air conditioning boards and chill out.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 01:53 PM

Sorry N0 help... but you called them an "idot"

*giggle* :)
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 02:00 PM

YEAH I KNOW. That is my 'hoods *polite word
    For the *other word

Aug 6, 2009, 02:06 PM
    So who is the mro?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by siberianair View Post
    actually i am talking about it because i administer drug and alcohol tests. and it is a violation to discuss with test giver or employer. you can only discuess it with the medical review officer. this is a national standard and is covered under the h.i.p.p.a. laws..... maybe you guys hould understand what you are saying befofre offering advice.!

When you say HIPPA, do you mean HIPPO referring to your "work" with zoo animals, because the Federal Law governing the release of medical information is HIPAA . Odd that the last person who came on this board and was an expert in drug/alcohol testing also didn't know the proper name of the Act.

I realize because you administer drug and alcohol tests you must already know this - which brings us back to why someone who doesn't know the name of the Law is telling other people to check what they are saying.

Do you do drug testing as a full-time job and heating and cooling as a part-time job... or the other way around?

As was said on another thread - "wiping away tears of laughter."
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 02:45 PM

JKT - I too am laughing over sibeaianair. I really don't think he administers drug tests as a full time occupation. If he did, then I really think it would be at the zoo on the hippos. Have to take some time and read the a/c posts to see if his full time job actually pays him money.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 03:03 PM
    While it is not a HIPAA violation for the patient to discuss meds with anyone else, it has become common practice NOT to list your meds or bring your meds with you to a drug test.

Once violated for a specific drug you then have the right to defend your prescription.

So, I have to respectfully agree AND disagree with Siberianair.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 03:05 PM

Thank you J_9 I didn't know they changed that and it seems like it would be more paper work and all to prove after the fact why it was tested positive in your blood.

I know personally I would want to be upfront with it to avoid later possible problems
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Why does every drug test collector/observer ask each person they collect from and log on the specimen container what drugs the specimen donor has taken and why have they been asking this for thirty years? I cannot believe only m.r.o's have collected my specimens for drug tests.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I know personally I would want to be upfront with it to avoid later possible problems
    I, personally, have tried to bring my meds to a test recently. This is where I learned that it is common practice to test without listing the drugs. Why? Because may tests are only looking for illegal drugs... i.e. pot, cocaine, etc. If you come back positive for an opiate, for example, it is then that you provide the company you are testing FOR, not the testing center, with a written prescription from the doctor to prove that you are taking the opiate containing medication legally.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Why does every drug test collector/observer ask each person they collect from and log on the specimen container what drugs the specimen donor has taken and why have they been asking this for thirty years?
    As stated Cat, it's not common practice any longer. While some testing companies still do this, they are beginning to get away from it. I could list the 6 medications I take, and provide prescriptions, but guess what, my meds don't show up on the average drug test. So, with the increase in necessity of testing prospective employees, it takes longer and is many times useless to list the meds and/or bring them with you to the test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Half Cartoon Half Real Life [ 3 Answers ]

What is the movie, that a boy goes in his closet or something and he turns cartoon, and he drives a red car around?

Lortab half-life [ 4 Answers ]

how long is the half life of hydrocodone, as well as how long is it detectable in in a UA?

Half life [ 1 Answers ]

Half life has an easy answer... what's the definition?:confused:

Half-life of atoms. [ 1 Answers ]

If I have an atom with a half life of say 30 seconds and I start with 5 x10^22 atoms of a type of atom how do I figure out how many atoms remain of like 4 minutes?

Took half a pill of hydrocodone (vicodin) [ 1 Answers ]

I only took half a pill of the hydrocodon with the m357 symbol on the pill And I have to take a urine test tomorrow how would this work ? I had a headache and a friend told me to take half when I mentioned that I had to take a drug test about an hour later her reaction wasn't so great I need...

View more questions Search