Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmartin1955 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 04:01 AM
    Ceiling Fans Speeds
    I have a three speed ceiling fan, but now only one speed works, the fastest. How do I begin to repair?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 04:06 AM

Look for loose/broken wires on Speed and direction switch first, bulging capacitor.
    May need a capacitor or a switch.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 07:05 AM

Remote and pull chains of wall switch?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 08:30 PM

I second, is it a remote fan?

Probably a capacitor issue.

Ceiling fan capactors - troubleshooting and resources - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan will not change speeds [ 8 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan that has the model # AC-552. SKU # 134-674. It has w # E75795. It is operated by a switch on the wall for the fan and switch for the light. When I turn the fan on, it turns on high and forward. There is no switch, no chain no remote or remote receiver wired to it and there is...

Ceiling fan lost lower speeds [ 7 Answers ]

"First Home" (mfgr) 3 speed ceiling fan went to 'high speed' only last night. Pull chain only clicks on at 'high speed' and merely clicks noise at lower speed positions. It takes 4 clicks of pull chain to stop and restart at high spped. Reverse switch works fan in reverse spin also only at...

Ceiling fan speeds [ 2 Answers ]

When I turn my ceiling fan on, it will be on the highest speed first, then when I pull the chain to lower the speed to medium, it stays on high, and when I pull the chain again to go to the lowest setting, it still turns on the highest speed, but when I pull the chain for the fourth time, it will...

3 speed ceiling fan runs on only two speeds [ 5 Answers ]

We have a 3 speed ceiling fan that runs on only two speeds. I have tried replacing the pull chain but that does not fix the problem. The fan use to have high, medium and low. We now have high, low and nothing. Any suggestions.

View more questions Search