Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ychicago2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 12:59 AM
    My girl friend dumped me but we still talk
    My girl friend dumped me but we still talk , we still love it other to death, she admits that's she's still in love with me, but I've been gone a lot this summer and its like our relationship has been a lot of just talkking on the phone, I only ran into once and that was a accident.
    She dumped me after 10 months, she said she actually planned it out and thought about it, which makes sense because I thought everything was fine and I was very optimistic about the relationship, then she just dumped me one day we were arguing. She also said I made her feel like she wasn't good enough. I use to make small complaints about her personality, and attitude. She would just be like " well im a and i know it, etc," or say "im not changing for anyone" . I never asked her to change how she looked or etc. it was always the little things as far as personality. Because the way she acted would lead us to conflicts.
    Now its been 3 weeks since she dumped me, she says she loves me and doesn't want me to get out her life, last night we actually talked for hours. She says over and over that she is done with dating.

What do I do ? Should I just move on ?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 04:14 AM

It sounds like you have to
    Make more time for her and put up with her being a and don't expect her to change whatsoever and don't make comments/complaints about the way she is or you move on.

What stands out to me is she says she had this planned so why didn't she discuss it to try and work things out instead of waiting for things to errupt and then dump you?

Think about that it may hold the answer of what you should do.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ychicago2 View Post
    we still love it other to death, she admits thats shes still in love with me
    Quote Originally Posted by ychicago2 View Post
    she dumped me after 10 months, she said she actually planned it out and thought about it,
    These two lines are a huge contradiction. If she really loved you that much, she would stay with you and try to figure things out.

She had a change of heart. She says that she still loves you to soften the blow. Don't let her mess with your mind like that.

Avoid contacting her because every time you talk to her, you will over-analyze all the signs and details. If she really wanted you back, she would have let you know by now.

Cut contact and move on. No more prolonging the pain and suffering.

Maybe you can be friends one day, but only after both of you have recovered from the breakup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dumped for your best friend or dumped for your best enemY? [ 10 Answers ]

Which is worse and why?:(

Girl dumped me and is mad about it. [ 11 Answers ]

My last girlfriend and I were together for only 8 months. She was very sweet but then went to abroad for almost a month returned quite different. She mentioned she was going to see her ex boyfriend there also but assured me nothing would happen. While we were together she reiterated that she...

People talk to me, and give me tips - I've just been dumped! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there, I'm 18 years old and I have just been dumped. We were friends beforehand (only 14 at the time) and he cheated on this girl to be with me. We then started dating and we got along great, hence the reason we were together for over 3 years. I have to admit I think I loved him more, I put...

View more questions Search