Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwinter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Moen replacement cartridge problems
    I have a small diameter MOEN tub-shower valve. It has a lever, setscrew to hold the handle on, pull out to turn on and rotate for temperature. The cartridge seems quite small. I didn't try to pull the cartridge until I could get another one. Home Depot has one but it is too large and different. This one runs constantly, and doesn't like to push back in to turn off once it is out.
    Is it absolutely necessary to have a puller? Or can one remove this one?
    Does Moen replace cartridges free per an article I read, or is that a pipe dream?

Suggestions on source and advice on the change?

Thanks

Jeff
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 05:40 PM

Yes, call 1 800 BUY MOEN (1 800 289-6636) Describe faucet to them, free replacemnt cartridge in about week.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 06:13 PM

Correct advice. This may help you too. Installation Help / Animated Tutorial - Installing the Moen 1225 / 1200 Cartridge
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 08:39 PM

Buy Moen - Get free replacement parts for life ! Agree with above posts...
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 09:02 PM

As a mater of fact I just called Moen toady for a friend of mine needed two cartridge and they committed to send it for free, Moen is the best the same with Delta, Thanks.

Regards to all,
    John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen shower cartridge replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a moen single handle shower faucet that leaks. I think the model number is TL2301 Could the cartridge need to be replaced and how is ths done.

Moen cartridge stuck [ 3 Answers ]

I have changed moen lav cartridges before. I stopped getting hot water in a shower and I can't pull out the old cartridge. Any ideas?

Moen cartridge removal [ 3 Answers ]

How do I remove the cartridge on a moen bathtub faucet 92921

Moen cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

I changed my one handle shower cartridge by moen. This was not easy and had to break it apart to remove. I put a new one in and there was no pressure. I changed this one and got very little improvement. I had great pressure before it was just leaking any ideas??

Moen Cartridge Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Tvdave New Member Join Date: Mar 2007 Posts: 0 Moen shower cartridge I've read your responses to several folks concerning the Moen single handle shower cartridge and appreciate all the good information. I take it that since I am getting hot water to my sink and no hot water...

View more questions Search