Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 09:06 AM
    Howcould you not have heard of sonic?
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Aug 11, 2009, 09:10 AM

Oh... well I've heard of sonic lol, but that was a LONG time ago when I played sonic. I played that when it was out on sega genesis. I believe that was in the 90s
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 09:13 AM

Hum may I ask you on what do you play games? I said before I played on GBA and Nintendo DS (well, I didn't say about GBA but now :o)

Aug 11, 2009, 09:20 AM

The only game system I have now is Playstation 2. In the 90s I had the sega genesis, and then I moved to a Nentendo 64 (but that stopped working) so I bought a Playstation. I like sports games, racing and driving games, navy seal and army games etc.

What is a GBA?
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 09:26 AM

GBA is Game Boy Advance, one of the products of Nintendo.

The first game console I know from Nintendo is GBC, or Game Boy Colour, then GBA, for Game Boy Advance, then, GBA sp, for Game Boy Advance sp (dunno what the sp stands for exactly), then came the Nintendo DS, then the Nintendo DS lite, and recently, the Nintendo DSi, with camera integrated. Those are the portable consoles of nintendo. (there may be some I've missed... but I know only about these, which I came across)

Aug 11, 2009, 09:32 AM

You must play the handheld games?
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 09:40 AM

Yes, if you put it that way. I've played some (that's very few though) PC games, and about the same amount of games displayed on a TV set. I've got a playstation 1 (I know, that's really old), played Grand Turismo on that, and a few others. But now, it's sleeping...

Aug 11, 2009, 09:49 AM

Lol oh OK.. I need to buy some new games for my system
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    there are worse games out there jennie, alot worse
    Oh I know. I don't like god of war either. Not because I don't like the accuall GAME, it's the 'game play' I don't like. Its so GRAPHIC! *shudder* but I can't complain. Its for adults. The only time I complained was when my hubby decided to let our 5 year old watch. Grr. She got to watch some dude get his bowels eaten by a raven, EVERY DETAIL DEPICTED, and then the stomach magically GREW BACK and he had to go through it again as a punishment from the gods.

Yeah definitely not something my 5 year old needs to see.

Don't get me wrong, blood and guts don't bother me as much as you would think. Ayla has played mortal kombat before, and the 007 games and doom and stuff like that. She even plays world of warcraft. But the DETAIL and the SUBJECT matter in god of war drives me nuts.

Its much the same situation with grand theft auto. It's the subject matter that I find disturbing. Not so much the blood, violence, bad words.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 10:09 AM

Wow I feel old... I still remember our intelivision and atari and my parents even had an old magnavox oddessy! Lets see how many of you know what THAT is! LOL. Fun as hell when your little. Then you grow up. :P not so much
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 11:19 AM
    Well I had worse games in mind,but yea that's the whole point of the rating system

Subject matter? You don't like greek mythology jennie :D

Aug 11, 2009, 11:28 AM

You know what game I find scary to play? Silent Hill... oooooooohhhhhhhhh now that gives me the chills lol. Any of you ever play that?
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 11:46 AM

Lol no its not the greek mythology I don't like. It's the type of violence. And it doesn't really have anything to do with religeon, or lack of it. Whether I'm a christian or NOT, I would still feel that kids don't need to believe ANY gods are evil like that. You know? Be it my god, your god, or some imaginary god. Its just not something a child should even have to comprehend.
    frostybabygurl Posts: 117, Reputation: 6

Aug 11, 2009, 11:50 AM

When GTA first came out, my ex used to play this around our daughter all the time, he used to let her play it as well. He would show her how to pick up hookers, beat people up and get the police chasing after you. At the time my daughter was 7 and she started to become very aggressive after playing it. I advised her father to stop playing it around her and to not allow her to play it, her aggression slowed down to almost non existent. As much as I am a firm believer that video games, movies and music don't create violence, young children are easily influenced and therefore should not be allowed to play these games. There is a reason why they have the ratings on the back of the games. Pretty much what t comes down to, is your child's maturity and how you feel about allowing that game to played in your home. There is no right or wrong answer in regards to this issue.
    abdrahman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 02:21 PM

there's STRONG LANGUAGE why the hell would u let them play I played when I was 11 but I was pretty mature I didn't talk about farting and the F word so yeah plus there cheat codes to see NAKED PEOPLE so it's rated (to me) X for xtrem violence and stuff only ages to 999 to 5000000000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grand Theft Auto [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Alona Kelly. I was wondering how much time should a grand theft auto suspect receive.

Grand theft auto [ 5 Answers ]

My son is 15 and has stoled a vehicle will they charge him as an adult? This is not the first time he has been in trouble at this time he is going to court the 10/ 23/07 for burglary and theft.

Grand theft auto [ 1 Answers ]

Does grand theft auto carry the same penalty as unauthorized use of an automobile

Grand theft auto [ 1 Answers ]

What are the games in order of series of being relased for ps2?

Grand Theft Auto [ 1 Answers ]

My son stole a vehicle in Kentucky and traveled to Georgia were he was arrested. He is beign charged by Georgia for transportation of stolen property and currently is held on a 7,500.00 bond in a county jail for that charge; and is also awaiting extradition to Kentucky to face charges for grand...

View more questions Search