Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 09:39 PM

She never believes you about what? Can you be more specific?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 09:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingmonkey14 View Post
    I'm 14 and no there has never been any problem at my best friends or anyone else house for that matter. She says she trusts but yet she never believes me. And my best friend and pretty much all my friends really cannot have boys over when there is no parent home so that should play no role in her thinking.
    And they will always obey their parents and not have boys over, even when the boys plead and moan and cry to come over.

Our parents always trusted us at that age too, but knew we were sooooooooooo susceptible to temptation, and did their best to help us behave.
    lovingmonkey14 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Ah, your ace in the hole!

Who abused you, how, and when? And did you report it?
    Can you people please start a new thread because I'm trying to get help and have this question focused on me.. And if you make your own new thread it could be just focused on you. Thank you.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 09:47 PM

It is not that we don't believe or trust you, it just we know what's up. We know what you are more than likely to do or more than likely to happen.
    Can you be more specific about what they don't believe you about?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 09:48 PM
    Can you people please start a new thread because I'm trying to get help and have this question focussed on me.. And if you make your own new thread it could be just focussed on you. Thank you.
    There IS another thread that she started. We'll concentrate on you exclusively in this thread.

Jun 10, 2009, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    There IS another thread that she started. We'll concentrate on you exclusively in this thread.
    Thanks!

Jun 10, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    She never believes you about what? Can you be more specific?
    Um honest to god this may seem very childish but they really do not believe me about anything, like I said earlier they didn't even believe me when I said my school had a track meet. Like when I go over to my friends house they think were going to go "joy riding" around because we all have older brothers the same age and they can drive so they think were going to go wit them. Or were going to a party or just in general do really stupid stuff or even get wasted. I tell my mom literally what we do and those are all the things she substitutes my thing that we actually did with what she thinks we did. I really just don't understand and are just totally done..
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 10:02 PM
    Um honest to god this may seem very childish but they really do not believe me about anything, like I said earlier they didn't even believe me when I said my school had a track meet. Like when I go over to my friends house they think were going to go "joy riding" around because we all have older brothers the same age and they can drive so they think were gonna go wit them. Or were going to a a party or just in general do really stupid stuff or even get wasted. I tell my mom literally wat we do and those are all the things she substitutes my thing that we actually did with what she thinks we did. I really just don't understand and are just totally done..
    Wow! Parents haven't changed over the decades! Even though we were perfect teenagers too, our parents never believed us and were always suspicious. Then I became a mom and, when my kids got into their teens, I was suspicious of them, and I betcha they (and you) will be suspicious of your teens someday.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 10:03 PM

I really don't know what to say, as I don't know them.
    Do you have an older sibling that has gotten in trouble? I just don't know.
    Do they tell you they don't believe you or are you assuming they don't.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 10:05 PM
    Parents are suspicious, if they are smart they will be. You should never assume "your child" won't do something. Teens will be kids.

Jun 11, 2009, 03:12 AM
    I really don't know what to say, as I don't know them.
    Do you have an older sibling that has gotten in trouble? I just don't know.
    Do they tell you they don't believe you or are you assuming they don't.
    If you will read my question that started this whole discussion it will explain the siviling thing.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 08:03 AM

Well you don't want to start acting up, and how do you know they are not on your brother as well?
    I just can't imagine them thinking you lie about EVERYTHING. If that were the case, they would never let you out of the house. How old is your brother? What is your relationship like with your brother?
    TheOreeoShow Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2009, 08:56 PM
    [QUOTE=Wondergirl;1789527]my parents refused to let me go with friends to see Hayley Mills' Disney movie, "The Parent Trap," because my parents said a movie about trapping parents has to be evil.

HAHa that's funny Im glad my parents let me see it we watched it together a minute ago !:rolleyes: But its funny because its not really about traping parents it is where two twins with divorced parents try to help their parents fall in love with each other again after years of seeing each other! It's a wonderful movie. Since you are allowed to watch it now you should see it Its in my top ten movies!! :D! HAve you seen it?
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 09:16 PM
    haha yup. That's what I'm thinking
    Then watch your step young lady. Your parents are right to be cautious with you.

Jun 12, 2009, 08:17 PM
    Then watch your step young lady. Your parents are right to be cautious with you.
    I just still really don't get it. My parents don't even know what my brothers friends say and half the time neither does my brother..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parents and grand parents [ 2 Answers ]

are there any laws in pa say that stepparents nad grandparents have right to say what goes in my child's life ?

How should I tell her parents? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, My girlfriend and I have decided to get married in April! We are both young, I'm 20 and she's 19. From searching the net I know there are many people who have the opinion that we may be to young to be getting married, but I disagree, it has more to do with the character of the people...

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

Her parents [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so if you've read my other posts you know by now that my girlfriend has moved. Her mom got remarried and her step-dad lives in Virginia so she moved there. Now while she was here her mom didn't care about us dating, but now that she moved she doesn't want her to date me anymore. Her mom...

How to tell her parents? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm dating a stright a student who is like the perfect daughter. Her parents don't know about me.. I hope... I want to take her to the movies for our 1st month since we started going out... her parents are mean.. and I don't want to get her in trouble... what do I do?

View more questions Search