Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Aug 5, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Plant that drops rooted seedlings
    Well I hope that got you interested! I've only seen this plant twice, never at a nursery. It's med.green, main stalk, leaves almost look like long arrow heads, around the edge of the leaves there are thorns, after awhile by each thorn starts a little small circle about the size of a tick, and it starts to grow roots, then falls off and starts a new plant. It's a sturdy plant not sure if it's a succulent, can't remember that will. But not thin like leaves on a tree. I got one from grandpa, one from a flea market. What is it!!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 04:21 AM

Show us a picture

Tick

Aug 6, 2009, 12:18 PM

Boy I wish I could. I can't find this plant anywhere. No one knows what I'm talking about. The last time I had one was like 25 years ago. It's a neat plant, it can't grow anf fill a pot of with the seedlings I remember taking some to my mother-in-laws and not telling her and dropping them in her plants and her showing me later. We laughed. It can get a foot or more tall. Maybe the bottom leaves could be 6 or so inches long. Could it of been some kind of cactus? It would remind you of being pre-historic. Like spicky, throny. I don't know it just has memories attached to it. If I think of more I'll let you know.

All right who took the spell check away. Mines not working! Sorry

Aug 11, 2009, 07:37 PM
    weird plant found
    Now where can I buy one, in Indiana. Here is a site to the picturehttp://flowerpot.iwritethecode.com/?cat=21
    HE-HE I wasn't that far off. It says it grows in Florida.

Aug 11, 2009, 07:42 PM

Found it mother of thousands
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Aug 11, 2009, 09:32 PM
    Hi! unluckynut, merged your threads, same subject. KUXJ

Check this site: Dave's Garden , That's what it is. There's two vendors listed, but you might have to web it. If I find any close to Indiana, I'll post.

Meanwhile, why don't you relieve "A BIT OF EARTH" from her anxiety ;)

K

Aug 12, 2009, 01:14 PM

This is weird, we must have something in common. Do you tole paint too?? I like this plant it is different, But I didn't know they had so many different types. Thanks again! Could you send me some of your tomatoes, they look great. He-he

Aug 12, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unluckynut View Post
    This is wierd, we must have something in common. Do you tole paint too?!?!?!
    No, but I am getting ready to re-paint my garden nomes and elves... some of them are quite old...
    hmmm...wondering :rolleyes: if I should make it a "sticky"
    I like this plant it is different, But I didn't know they had so many different types. Thanks again!
    Your welcome!
    Could you send me some of your tomatoes, they look great. he-he
    What's the address? I'll have eddie "drop" some off...

K

Aug 12, 2009, 09:48 PM

I have a very good bruschetta recipe if you'd like for those tomatoes. That's all you'll need for a meal. Steak, tomatoes,basil and good bread. Oh can't forget garlic.Let me know if interested. It's almost to die for.
    Mmmmm mmmm good!!
    I think I'll order one of those plants next spring so I'll have all summer to let it get comfy before winter. I'll try to post a picture if can figure it out and show you the island, with the "2" cherry trees on it. YOU THE MAN!

Aug 13, 2009, 05:38 AM
    I have a very good bruschetta recipe if you'd like for those tomatoes. That's all you'll need for a meal. steak, tomatoes,basil and good bread. oh can't forget garlic.Let me know if interested. It's almost to die for.
    mmmmm mmmm good!!!
    bruschetta's good... Tell you what... Make a new thread, post as many as you'd like (You can keep the first few in the starter thread) and call it "RECIPES FROM THE GARDEN" , I have a few in the UDT thread, and if it takes off, I'll make it a sticky... ;)
    I think I'll order one of those plants next spring so I'll have all summer to let it get comfy before winter. I'll try to post a picture if can figure it out and show you the island, with the "2" cherry trees on it. YOU THE MAN!
    Not that, that's a weed, but I have a few odd plants 'round here that I just let 'em grow, just to see what they'll look like as adults. (get tired of pullin all the time)
    Adding pix isn't that hard, after you check your post, but before you submit... scroll down a little further to manage attachments, click that. A window will pop up, click on choose file, pick the one you want from your file, remember where you saved it! ;) or :(... then click on upload.. depending on the size it might happen quick or take a while.

K
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 10:11 AM

Now this weird plant your all talking about do you think it's a hybrid.. I didn't think plants could drop pre rooted seedlings. Though I may be wrong *hopes I'm not wrong*

Aug 13, 2009, 01:01 PM

I don't know if it's really a weed but it is weird. Goggle "MOTHER OF THOUSANDS"
    I had gotten one long ago. There are all different kinds. Mine did not flower, but there are some that do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thinning seedlings [ 1 Answers ]

When thinning out seedlings what is the success rate of replanting these extra ones or should they be discarded & put onto the compost heap?

Eye drops [ 2 Answers ]

In your opinion, is using eye drops like bausch & Lomb Advanced Eye Relief for redness, harmful to your eyes? Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Locust Seedlings [ 1 Answers ]

I had 5 trees removed 2 years ago and can not get rid of sprouting seedlings, Any help ?

Maple tree seedlings overtaking lawn [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get rid of hundreds of sprouting maple trees in my lawn? We just planted the lawn this fall and the maple seeds took root as well. We are in western Washington state

What is the best way to ged rid of Maple Tree seedlings? [ 2 Answers ]

I've got maple tree seedlings growing throughout my yard. They are intermingling with a privet hedge that runs across the front of my property and I've started to rip some of the seedlings out. Some of them are pretty mature and I can't rip them out. There are some places where the previous...

View more questions Search