Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pregnantmom3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 11:19 AM
    How to let my mother adopt my child?
    I'm currently pregnant and I don't have the means of taking care of my baby and I've decided to place him for adoption, but I don't want the child in another family. So me and my mom have agreed to let her adopt him so that he can have everything he needs plus I can be included in his life. What we both don't know is how to do that legally. We want to make it legal for medical, and insurance reasons. Who do we talk to? Where can we obtain the documents needed to make this legal. I am 8 months already so time is of the essence.

Please Help and Thank You so much
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 11:21 AM

Hire a lawyer.

And get the counselling you need... because this is not something that can be entered into lightly. This child will forever be your sister/brother, not your child.

Have you considered granting her guardianship instead of adopting? Also, what does the father think of all of this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to adopt a baby you know the mother would never give up [ 6 Answers ]

My bestfriends niece is one month pregnant and fourteen years old the father of her baby is fourteen as well, my fiancé and I have talked about adopting their baby only because we both know that she and the father can not take care of that baby and I know for a fact that it will not be safe in the...

Father Asks mother for child support when mother has no money [ 2 Answers ]

My mother got re-married and had my little brother with this man. He is now 10, I'm 15 and my sister is 17. (Our father pays child support but not on a regular basis, you can't depend on it) About 3 years ago they separated and got a divorce. We had custody of him. Then my brothers father filed...

Step parent adopt child when he is married to mother with full custody [ 1 Answers ]

I have full custody of my daughter. Her father barely calls her when he does it's about once a month and he tells her jokes. She is 6 will be 7 in April. He does pay child support. He is active duty in the Army stationed in Germany I don't know where he is exactly because he remarried and moved...

My step sons mother wants to relinquish her rights so I can adopt him [ 4 Answers ]

I know this question has been asked a lot, but I have kind of a different spin on it. My husband has full custody of his son(my step son) His ex wants to sign over her rights so I can adopt him. My question is this, who is responsible for hiring the attorney to do this and also is this going to be...

View more questions Search