Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisarob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 08:01 AM
    50th wedding anniversary gift
    What would be an appropriate 50th wedding anniversary gift; they are my aunt and uncle not parents
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 09:34 AM

Gold is traditional and contemporary for 50 years of marriage. It doesn't have to be real gold, but anything gold coloured would do nicely. How about a white and gold album with some pictures you have assembled in it.

Tick
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 08:21 PM

Depending on your budget there are a lot of options - For people who are well settled into their lives, I like giving some sort of experience as a gift like theatre tickets or a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant (or one they've never tried). Perhaps find out where they went on their honeymoon and maybe along with some other family members, you can all chip in to send them back there for a couple of nights (or even one night if it's close). Simpler options might be flowers, or depending on where they live, perhaps something they can plant in their yard like a rose bush.

I was recently at a 50th anniversary party and it was planned in advance that people would replace things they would have gotten as shower gifts when they married. It was a lot of fun - the couple got new towels and kitchen utensils and so on - but to pull this off, it helps to have someone who knows what they need (like one of their children).
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 22, 2009, 03:18 AM
    Nothing says "Golden Anniversary" like gold. If all you can afford is a card, sign it in gold leaf. You can get gold leaf writing kits at most craft stores fairly inexspensively.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anniversary gift ideas [ 6 Answers ]

This weekend is my 1st anniversary. Yeah, I know it's paper or a clock, that's not the problem. My husband and I originally agreed that we were just going to take each other on a "date". Well, he decides to tell me last night that he bought me something after we decided not to get gifts. Now I feel...

50th B-Day Gift [ 8 Answers ]

A friend & former co-worker and her husband are having a 50th b-day party complete with dinner and open bar at a hotel. Does anyone have any suggestions for an appropriate gift? Thanks for your help?

An Anniversary Gift for His Wife [ 1 Answers ]

A friend sent this to me and I thought it was pretty funny. I had to share it with you all. An Anniversary Gift for His Wife You may want to re-consider the purchase of a taser for protection of Yourself or a loved one. Read further for info. This is one of those stories where you...

50th anniversary [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with ideas for a funny saying or something different or cute for the tee shirts and caps I am making up for 20 people. Thank you if you can think of something.

View more questions Search