Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Liz S Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 03:56 AM
    Poem about a returning traveller
    Can anyone help me track this poem, the ending is something like "Why have you brought me children's toys?" I couldn't track it through Google.
    nik258 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2006, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz S
    Can anyone help me track this poem, the ending is something like "Why have you brought me children's toys?" I couldn't track it through Google.
    HeyLiz, did you find that poem? If not here it is:

'O are you the boy
    Who would wait on the quay
    With the silver penny
    And the apricot tree?
    'I've a plum-coloured fez
    And a drum for thee
    And a sword and a parakeet
    From over the sea.'
    'O where is the sailor
    With bold red hair?
    And what is that volley
    On the bright air?
    'O where are the other
    Girls and boys?
    And why have you brought me
    Children's toys?'

If it's the same one you are talking about it's by Charles Causley.
    Have a great day!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need to find the immageries for the poem [ 1 Answers ]

the poem is called " A.B.C. of a Naval Trainee" by Roy Fuller is the anger we hide with some danger, Keeping it down like the twentieth beer. B is the boredom we feel in this bedlam. C is the cautious and supervised cheer. D is the tea dope and e English duping, Too feeble for folly,...

Love Poem [ 2 Answers ]

Love Poem Susie Lee Done Fell In Love; She Planned To Marry Joe. She Was So Happy 'bout It All She Told Her Pappy So. Pappy Told Her, Susie Gal, You'll Have To Find Another. I'd Just As Soon Yo' Ma Don't Know, But Joe Is Yo' Half Brother.

Traveller Phone cards [ 4 Answers ]

Please visit our sponsor: Nobelcom phone cards Notice here anything regarding their service and we will be glad to answer to any of your question!

Returning a sign-on bonus [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I received a sign-on bonus of $15,000 in 2005 that was reported as income on my W-2. (actual amount received was $10,102.50 after taxes). I have recently left that job and need to return the sign-on bonus. My company wants me to return the $10,102.50 + $3,750 for federal taxes since my...

Printing a poem off Chat Site, is it legal? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi.. I'm on a writer's poetry site and they forbid anyone to print and save another's poem. Is this legal to prohibit this? I understand they are afraid that someone will plagarize/steal it and use for commercial use... BUT... anything on the world wide internet CAN BE printed and saved (poems,...

View more questions Search