Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Twink24 Posts: 45, Reputation: -2

Aug 5, 2009, 12:06 AM
    Can you pay for a house in cash
    When buying a house can you pay for it in straight up cash moneyy!
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Aug 5, 2009, 12:11 AM

I suppose you could ? You could have the cash turned into a cashiers check( probably better).
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 5, 2009, 12:48 AM
    Actual hard folding CASH, NO as this would trip massive alarm bells concerning money laundering.
    As AC101 mentioned a cashiers check would be the preferred method.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 07:11 AM

I have seen this happen - certainly not with high end properties - but IRS DOES require that the form disclosing where the cash came from is required.

(Actually had a client some years ago show up with cash. Couldn't believe it but, again, it was a low end property. Do I think it's smart to wander around with a suitcase full of cash - no. The law firm representing the seller almost choked!)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying Cash for a House.. [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, Group! I have poor credit due to events of a worker's comp injury. I have my settlement but cannot get a mortgage (except for very lousy 30-year 9% mortgage from a lender with 50% down) because of my poor credit, even though I have enough to buy the house outright which is $200,000. Should...

Cash in 401K to buy a house? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm considering buying a house this year to take advantage of low mortgage rates and the first-time buyers' $8000 credit. If I can put together a decent down-payment I can get a great interest rate. Making the end-of-year deadline might require cashing in my 401K. I have a small sum in my 401K,...

Paying cash for a house [ 10 Answers ]

I am getting ready to pay cash for a house and I am trying to find out if I have to go through closing or can I just give the seller a check and them sign over the deed. I am in Florida. I have gone on our state record sight and I can't see that there are any liens on the home or unsatified...

Cash down on a house [ 2 Answers ]

Can you put $50,000 cash down on a house and simply say that the money "was a gift"? Will you need proof of this? If so, what kind of proof?

View more questions Search