Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJisastar Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2009, 03:35 PM
    For the guys, what would you think of this type of girl?
    If you had a girlfriend and she said that she'd commit suicide if you left her, what would you think of this girl? Would you run for the hills? Would you think that she had low self confidence?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 03:41 PM
    Yes, I'd run for the hills. And yes, I'd think she had low self confidence. But if I thought there was any degree of seriousness to her threat then I'd talk to someone who could recommend some help such as a school counselor or someone similar.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 03:51 PM

It is called emotional blackmail and you should never be put in that position.It is an immature game of control.Don't buy into it and tell her you never want to be anyone's savior.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 03:53 PM
    How old are you two ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 4, 2009, 03:56 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...ge-379454.html

I'm confused, are you a girl or a guy?

Aug 4, 2009, 03:58 PM

I am a girl. I was dumped by a guy because he was angry about me apparently "not trusting him" and he returned to a manipulative, cheating, liar girl (yes she cheated on him twice) who would say "well if you ever leave me i'll end my life right then and there" when they were together.
    I don't know... the guy kind of compared me to the girl, saying she trusted him all along (when we were together she wouldn't stop putting forth these evil manipulative plans to get him back)... :(

Aug 4, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Oh and joseph this girl is now 16 and acted like that around 14 and 15 but she's still the same... and he's 18... and I'm 15...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 4, 2009, 04:00 PM

Then forget about him, he doesn't deserve you.

Sounds like he likes to be manipulated and played, hopefully he'll learn before it's too late.

Just move on, there are better guys out there. :)
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 04:06 PM
    Suicide is a serious issue these days with teens. They seem to think that there is no other option. Life has barely just begun. I've been through ALL kinds of crazy issues in my 47 years on this earth, and NEVER have I considered suicide as a way to "fix" my problems. People, teens and adults alike, should not even think about threatening to kill themselves. It's selfish, shows lack of strength, and is against GODS will. This person should seek counseling.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 07:23 PM

I'd run for the hills

Aug 5, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    Suicide is a serious issue these days with teens. They seem to think that there is no other option. Life has barely just begun. I've been through ALL kinds of crazy issues in my 47 years on this earth, and NEVER have I considered suicide as a way to "fix" my problems. People, teens and adults alike, should not even think about threatening to kill themselves. It's selfish, shows lack of strength, and is against GODS will. This person should seek counseling.
    You COULDN'T be more right! This girl is screwed up from what I've seen; I mean, she just couldn't ever move on from this guy..
    darkness1970us Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Aug 5, 2009, 02:17 PM

1) She is being manipulative. I still remember my teenage dating years (Que up the Star Wars marque). I had several girls use that line on me, and in my youth I would fall for it hook-line-and-sinker.

2) He left you. He might have gone back to a girl who is no good for him, but that really isn't your fault or problem. While it is being the good Samaritan to point it out, it is just putting yourself in a position to be hurt.

It is a tough call to make, but let his friends be the ones to point out how much trouble this girl is. You need to concentrate on getting over him, and back on the dating train.
    williehaner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 03:25 AM
    Hey his los and don't kill yourself over a guy hey you mite find some one better
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 03:31 PM

I agree it is emotional blackmail and manipulative the guy can not possibly be having a healthy non dysfunctional relationship
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Aug 8, 2009, 11:53 PM

I'd stay, I don't know really
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 12:07 AM

Leave her, but get her some help.
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Aug 9, 2009, 12:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    Leave her, but get her some help.
    Harsh
    Loi13 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 05:51 AM

I'm not a guy, but I would say her issue isn't self-confidence, it's selfishness. She doesn't care that the guy might be happier without her. She doesn't care that she has friends and family who would mourn her death. All she cares is making this guy stay with her no matter what.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Two guys one girl [ 13 Answers ]

There's this guy I like and this other guy I love. I don't know what to do. The guy's firend says I should date him, but I don't want to hurt the other guy. What should I do?

What do guys look for in a girl ? [ 7 Answers ]

What do guys look for in their girlfriends? Do they expect us to make all the planning and call them when we want to talk? Or should we just sit back and wait for them to make the plans and call us ?

Two guys, one girl [ 2 Answers ]

How do I choose between two guys, when I'm dating one, but he's being stupid, and the other is awsome but is my boyfriends best friend? :confused:

Guys who are not the jealous type [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm currently involved with a wonderful guy whose recently gotten out of a divorce. I believe from his past ex and some of his relationships it seems that he involved himself with jealous women as well as the insecure type. I'm a bit insecure sometimes and I believe many feel that way...

View more questions Search