Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by a s burke View Post
    please will u get another dentist with some experience in dental surgery-there are many out there-get a couple more opinions-doctors are like mechanics-theres only a few good ones also go to the library under sec 613 and get educated on oral practices

There are only a few good ones?

You are aware that "Flossie" is employed in a dental practice, right?

Based on this and some of your other answers, how old are you? Should you be posting on an adult board?
    Bridie07 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 03:40 PM
    Hi Flossie, just to let you know how I got on yesterday (I SURVIVED!). It wasn't the most straight forward of procedures (story of my life!), after removing two of the nerves by drilling through crown my dentist decided to get to the third he would have to remove the crown altogether as it was making it difficult for him to access. He drilled this away and after 4 x rays was happy that he had succeeded in removing the final nerve. The chlorine solution he rinsed the canals with was pretty awful though and made me gag (apparently some people have this reaction, surprise surprise I would have to be one of them!). Anyhow once all nerves gone he tried to fill it but it was too wet to do so,so I have to go back tomorrow to get this done provided the area is dry enough. As regards pain apart from the discomfort of having my mouth open for so long I can honestly say today has been the first day in 5 weeks I am pain free (hooray),having said that I am still on pain killers (anti inflamatory reasons) and two antibiotics. As the mould has already been done for the other crown its just a matter of having that fitted in a couple of weeks once its ready from the lab. I have been assured that I will not be charged for the second crown just the root canal. I am not paying over any further money already paid nearly €800 so until I am finished and pain free I shall not be giving out anymore. Thanks again flossie for all your help you have been super. As the dentist that I have been seeing is opening his own practice up the country at the end of the year I am thinking of changing dentists, I have been recommended a lady denstist who is very good and having had such a good response from you I think the female dentists might be the way to go! Thanks again. B
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 06:07 PM

I'm glad everything went well for you and that you won't have to pay to have the crown replaced!

Thank you so much for letting us know. So many come looking for information here on AMHD but never tell how things turn out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown vs. Post crown [ 3 Answers ]

I have been having a problem with a dental office I recently began visiting. Two dentists are at the site (one is retiring) and one recommends one thing, then when I sit in the chair to get the work done the other dentist comes in and recommends something completely different. I am going to...

Can probation officer remove you from treatment center whilyou are getting treatment [ 1 Answers ]

Can probation officer come remove you from mental facility after suicide attempts while being diagnises with bipolor disorder and receiving treatment for such denying him prescribed treatment by dr,and through you in jail for discresionary time because he basically soughtr out his own treatment...

Gum treatment before crown [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Over a month ago, a big filling fell out and took part of my existing tooth with it. It does not hurt but I was left with a decent sized hole in which food gets caught. It's a tooth that does the heavy chewing in the back. My dentist said a crown would be the best solution because a...

Crown Lengething .how long before crown put on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding crown lengething. I had the procedure done when I had my wisdom teeth removed on a back molar and a temporary was placed on that tooth. Due to insurance issues I was not able to get the perminate till after the new year. How long does it take for the area to heal and...

Healing after crown treatment [ 4 Answers ]

How long does it take for a tooth after RCT and a crown treatment to fully heal? I got a crown on one of my molars 6 weeks ago (on a tooth I was told originally had only a medium-sized cavity... ) Everything seemed fine afterwards but lately that area's been feeling sore. Is this normal a few weeks...

View more questions Search