Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    30phil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 09:32 AM
    How do I see Background check
    How do I find out what is on my background check it has already cost me 2 jobs?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 09:40 AM

Have you been arrested/convicted of anything, ever? That's what's on your criminal background check.

You can pay someone (probably the same company used by your employers) to do a background check.
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Aug 4, 2009, 09:48 AM

Doesn't most places ask if you want a copy of the background check they run,you might be entitled to know what comes up,I'm not totally sure.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 11:16 AM

Easy. Go to your local police dept or Sheriff's office and produce your picture ID and ask for a copy of your criminal background print out. You will know within 20 minutes of entering their office just what shows up on your background check. Cost? Zero dollars to you. But it has to be done in person by you only.
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Aug 4, 2009, 09:45 PM

Something I just thought of, could it perhaps be your credit report and not your criminal background? Some employers do look into credit reports.

I thought of it because you seem surprised that it cost you jobs, but if you had been arrested before you'd know darn well about that so maybe it's your credit, many people have no idea what's on their credit report.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background check [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am natalija. Have a record of shoplifting and received provincial offence notice, and I plead guilty and paid the 500 Dollars, but should not appear in the court. Now I got a job offer from the private company but according to them ( a private and a very company) "once you have...

Background check [ 7 Answers ]

I was offered a seasonal position at kmart in New York and they are doing a background check on me. Can they pull up a pending trial in Georgia for ftc fraud?

Background check [ 10 Answers ]

I live in Texas. Do I have the right to know what came back when a background check was done on me, by a potential employer? Are they required to devulge this info to me if I ask.

Background check [ 4 Answers ]

I was arrested for theft of items that came to a total of $210. It was a misdomenor (sp) I went to my first court date and the judge entered a plea of not guilty for me, I go back to court next week. My question is, I am starting a new job and they will be running a background check, will this show...

Background check? [ 2 Answers ]

Please help, how do I go about a background check on a private school for my 6th grader? I find it strange there is only 52 kids 1-12 grade?

View more questions Search