Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Oct 21, 2006, 05:39 PM
    Positive Stories of Using Holistic vet care?
    :rolleyes: Our practice uses intergrative medicine such as acupuncture, massage, herbals, and nutrition. I would enjoy hearing from anyone who has been able to use such practices to find comfort or relief from such techniques.
    bmbrush413 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Oct 21, 2006, 06:46 PM
    I had a 9 year old sheltie with invasive cancer in his sinuses - he had surgery once, but it came right back. There wasn't much we could do for him with regular medicine, so we went the holistic route - herbal medicines, changed his diet, etc. He lived for another year with a good quality of life before we had to let him go. I'm convinced that helped.

Right now, I only feed my dog and cat natural foods - all human grade, no by-products. I figure, why would I feed them things I wouldn't eat myself? After all, they're like my children (I don't have any), so I feed them as such. They deserve nothing less.
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Oct 22, 2006, 04:15 PM
    That is awesome! I wish more folks had an open mind!
    I think fear is what keeps people from reaching out and asking or trying new or old things.
    Acupuncture really helps ( 5000 yrs can't be wrong), a quality diet and not pumping our animals full of steroids.
    For decades vets have been giving steroids, over vaccinating, and pushing foods with chemicals that ALL have harmed our animals. Of course many may make excuses but the proof and research is out there.
    Was you sweetie also taking fish oil caps? The last lecture iI attended on the Omega 3 & 6, how they work syergistically, and the benefits on the heart was awesome! Everyone should be taking these no matter if you are 2 or 4 legged!
    Do you have kids? Remember when breastfeeding was thought to be bad? Not so long ago it was!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scary stories? [ 18 Answers ]

I have friends and family that come over sometimes and we like to share scary stories (that are true). Does anyone have any to share? (Please, no bogus stories or small stories about things flying across the room)

Suspicious vet care [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, this is my first time posting to this particular forum. I don't know if there are any veterinarians out there, but I have a couple of questions that are really bothering me. In November of 2005, my 12 year old Collie / Shepherd mix suddenly appeared very bloated, and felt hard. I took him...

Does anyone write short stories? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I write a lot of short stories. It is so much fun. I put them on the internet for all to read. There is a special place on the net you can write your stories. We all compare our stories and talk about them. Mine are fiction so far. Just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who likes...

Positive Affirmations [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone please help me find a positive affirmation that I can go by? About a month and a half ago, I had the worst heartbreak of my life. I still can't seem let go of the hurt and anger I am feeling. I need an affirmation I can stay focused on. Any help will be appreciated!

Customer Service Stories [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for great customer service stories for a talk I am designing on the subject, and possibly an article as well. Anyone have a story they'd like to share?

View more questions Search