Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Muncie NJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 02:51 AM
    How to obtain mobile home title in NJ
    My mother owned a mobile home in New Jersey, purchased in the early 80s. When she passed away in 1994, I remained living there until recently. I just bought a new home and wish to sell the trailer but there is no title to be found. The land is rented from the park owner, but the trailer is owned free and clear. Does anyone know where to begin to locate a title, I actually have a purchaser but having no title is holding things up.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 4, 2009, 05:08 AM

I'm sure it varies from state to state but most title mobile home through the department of motor vehicles as opposed to deeds through the land office. You should be able to find the title through the VIN. May places require a decal showing registeration be affix to the mobile home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it okay to buy a mobile home without a title? [ 4 Answers ]

I am purchasing a mobile home that doesn't have a title to it. Is that against the law, or could it cause me problems?

Mobile home title [ 2 Answers ]

I live in va and I recently brought a mobile home in feb. of this year. I want to know can someone sell you a mobile home without the title. I think I have the bill of sale it doesn't say bill of sale also it does not have the make model or year it was made. When I asked could she give me a bill of...

Mobile home title [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get a title for a manufactured home in NYS. The park owner that I bought it from said he never got a title when he bought it from another park owner. I am trying to sell it And the buyer's attorney wants a title.

How do I get Title of Mobile Home [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was given free of charge an abandoned mobile home in holiday mobile home park by the manager of this park. I was told that after paper work was done on it I would be given title to transfer. When I asked the manager about the title last week she told me she had 32 others she was working on...

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

View more questions Search