Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldenthread Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 01:03 AM
    Losing my friends
    Hi Everyone,

I got a little problem with two long time friends, that has been slowly getting worse over the last couple of years.
    I've known two of my friends since I was in college at 17. I'm now 35years old, and as things do, people have children, find relationships and things over the years. They are 4/5 years older than myself.

We used to be close friends, going the pictures out to restaurants and just keeping in contact with one another, but over the years we have gradually stopped phoning one another, and don't contact each other unless its someone's birthday to arrange to go to a restaurant.

I have tried talking to them, saying we should make more of an effort to stay in touch. I tried to phone my friends and one goes away to a caravan she owns with her boyfriend and the other has asked me not to phone as she is too tired with her young children. :confused:

I've basically given up. I've made other friendships, but feel very sad about these two.

I also feel angry that they should only contact me when a birthday comes along. I don't see the point! It just seems so false.

Does anyone have any thoughts, feelings about this, as I need a sounding board?

Thanks
    Kickboxergirl Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2009, 01:27 AM

Hi, as you've said, people have kids and move on etc. It is sad but unfortunately in life people do drift apart. Usually because they are all consumed with their own life, children, problems. Don't feel to bad, it isn't personal. If I was you, I would try and make a new circle of friends that you have things in common with. Don't dwell on the past, thing about the here and now and the future. There's so many possibilities. Remember the good times. Cherish them for what they were.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

Am I losing him? [ 10 Answers ]

How do you know if you are losing someone? Can anyone give me signs clues.. :confused: Add on: He still calls me just.. still tells me he loves me... kisses me the same as ever... we talk about each others day and laugh and stuff maybe I'm just being paroniod... I think this past week we have...

View more questions Search