Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myemerald Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 08:22 PM
    Hunter remote 85095-01 dropped and won't work
    I have a Hunter remote 85095-01 on my wall. Unfortunately I knocked it off the wall :( and now it won't work. I pulled the battery out, tested it and it's good, put it back in but still won't work. The red light does go on however. Can anyone offer a suggestion other than buying a new remote? I have a feeling they aren't cheap.

Thank you so much!
    eeseely Posts: 100, Reputation: 3

Aug 4, 2009, 10:12 AM
    I believe the remote contains DIP switches to set the code---compatible with the fan's code.

You might want to check and see if the code is set correctly.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 03:20 PM

Look for a crack in the circuit board, on some of those, the circuit trace follows the corner, so if the corner chips off, trace can be broken
    For repair, scrape trace, lay small wire across break and solder.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 08:26 PM

Check the dip switches to make sure they are seated properly and match the receiver.

New one shouldn't be that expensive, call Hunter Fan - Ceiling Fans, Air Purifiers, Humidifiers, Thermostats

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter fan w/ light & reversing switch on remote, remote not working properly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Hunter fan with light and remote control, with reversible switch on the remote. RC was working fine until recently, and now, the fan will not turn off with it. I do not have a wall switch. The light works fine with RC, and the reversing also works, so does the fan speed. So, what...

I dropped my car remote in the toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I dropped my car remote in the toilet

Hunter ceiling fan with remote [ 2 Answers ]

I have a just installed a hunter fan with remote. It works well but sometimes the fan will come on all by it self, with out the switch being activated. Could this be interference from TV remote or what? LRH neb

Hunter remote won't work [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I have two separate Hunter fans with hand help remotes. On one of them the light ON/OFF switch won't work any more at all, but the fan ON/OFF switch is fine. And on the other its getter harder and harder to make the ON/OFF switch work while again the fan ON/OFF switch is fine. It starts with...

Hampton Bay Remote / Hunter Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a Hunter ceiling fan with a Hampton Bay remote about a year ago and it stopped working. I called Hunter and they sent me the whole new lower assembly with capacitors and chain pull. However, that was not the problem. I have power to the fan through the remote transmitter to the...

View more questions Search