Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dudeatrix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 07:33 PM
    Ipod to Itunes
    Long story short I lost my I tunes library and the back up on my computer in case I tunes failed. I didn't have a secondary back up but that's going to change. Every program only lets you do a 100 songs I have 775 and a few videos. I need a way to get them back from iPod to itunes. My library wasn't cheap or easy to get. Help would be great. Thank you.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 7, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Hi there

OK, I'm assuming the Library got corrupt and now Itunes shows no songs. We'll lets hope so...

Firstly, locate your iTunes Folder:
    XP -> \Documents and Settings\[your username]\My Documents\My Music
    Vista -> \Users\[your username]\Music\

Copy the iTunes Music file "Library.xml" to your Desktop and delete the one in the Itunes folder.
    Now Open Itunes, Choose File > Library > Import Playlist.
    Navigate to the iTunes Music "Library.xml" file on the Desktop and click open.

Please let me know of this helped.

Cheers
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itunes and my iPod [ 2 Answers ]

I am on Itunes at the moment, I have downloaded some music and my Ipod won't sync and upload the songs? Usually I just have to plug it in and it downloads them straight away but it is not coming up I don't understand. Under file it says 'sync ipod' but it is in grey so I can't click on it... im...

Itunes and iPod [ 3 Answers ]

I have about 1000 songs on my itunes but I can only get about 700 on my iPod. They were all on their before but then I downloaded a music video and it too won't go on the iPod. On itunes it has about 4 gb but only about 3gb is going on my iPod. I have a iPod classic 80 gb. How can I get all of...

Ipod and itunes [ 1 Answers ]

My iPod want show up in itunes or windows what do I do

Itunes and Ipod [ 2 Answers ]

Hey Can you add someone else's itunes library to your iPod without deleting your music... If So How

View more questions Search